Jimzk5

Give a bit of credit and its amazing what you get back.

Slag teams off and it is not surprising they come back with a bucket load of ****

Humility is a pretty nifty thing to learn, it can take you far in life. 

I am of course speaking to the young fans.....if the old un's ain't learned its perhaps too late.

• Like 2

30 % possession against Leicester.

Free flowing football my a**. They are a park the bus team with some incredible counter attacking players up front.

I can see them struggling hard against teams like Burnley and Newcastle.

The reason why they are obsessed and desperate to see us fail is because of jealousy. They know deep down we are the bigger club with better facilities, better stadium and a bigger fanbase.

Edited by villalad21

35 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The reason why they are obsessed and desperate to see us fail is because of jealousy. They know deep down we are the bigger club with better facilities, better stadium and a bigger fanbase.

I don't think its jealousy, whilst the sun is shining on their ass they're going to enjoy themselves, the problem for them is we are the only ones who bite back at them, no one else cares 

the size and success debate is pure bravado trying to wind us up and will be followed by an ensuing disillusionment as to what the PL is all about now they've hit their ceiling

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Free flowing football my a**. They are a park the bus team with some incredible counter attacking players up front.

Wolves are effective with the possetion they have, no one from Wolves pretends to be 2010 Barca.  We try to control the game with out the ball and we limit the opposition to very few chances (we've conceeded one goal in seven games now I think) and make the most of the chances that come our way.

Saying we'll struggle against teams that sit back is no great insight, we did all season last year (although we had 30 shots at home against Burnley).

I can't speak for all fans, but I don't feel jealous of (or obssessed with, hate that term, it's a form of self flattery) Villa.  You're generally a decent bunch who have had success now and then, but I think you generally underachieve as a club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think its jealousy, whilst the sun is shining on their ass they're going to enjoy themselves, the problem for them is we are the only ones who bite back at them, no one else cares 

the size and success debate is pure bravado trying to wind us up and will be followed by an ensuing disillusionment as to what the PL is all about now they've hit their ceiling

Reading Redcafe today we certainly seem to have upset the raggers a little.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

This "park the bus" thing tickles me.

Every team in this league has fine players... we have to appreciate that while competing against it.

Its like a boxer who hits you more than you hit him and at a faster rate.....causes you to go on the defensive, until you regain your composure and your opponent tires and you can launch your attacks.

Wolves are no more park the bus than we are, but when teams come at you with quality ball play, you are forced to defend.....That's what better teams force upon you.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Wolves are effective with the possetion they have, no one from Wolves pretends to be 2010 Barca.  We try to control the game with out the ball and we limit the opposition to very few chances (we've conceeded one goal in seven games now I think) and make the most of the chances that come our way.

Saying we'll struggle against teams that sit back is no great insight, we did all season last year (although we had 30 shots at home against Burnley).

I can't speak for all fans, but I don't feel jealous of (or obssessed with, hate that term, it's a form of self flattery) Villa.  You're generally a decent bunch who have had success now and then, but I think you generally underachieve as a club.

In the last 10 years we have grossly under achieved , possibly entering in to a period of total demise......We are just seeing the shoots of recovery and it will be a long hard road back, providing good decisions are constantly made.

Personally, I am not envious of any other club, just appreciate the work they do....whether its you guys, who have done really well or Brentford who amaze me with their recruitment .....I like to see all teams do well, provided Villa are at the Top.

Wolves for me are a club in recent times we can all pick up tips from and after having so many years in the doldrums possibly in Albions shadow for periods......you guys deserve a bit of relative success.....and enjoy it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

This "park the bus" thing tickles me.

Every team in this league has fine players... we have to appreciate that while competing against it.

Its like a boxer who hits you more than you hit him and at a faster rate.....causes you to go on the defensive, until you regain your composure and your opponent tires and you can launch your attacks.

Wolves are no more park the bus than we are, but when teams come at you with quality ball play, you are forced to defend.....That's what better teams do.

You're wrong here TRO.

We are not a park the bus side like Wolves are. At least from what i saw from last season we are trying to dominate games  and make things happen. Wolves on the other hand are sitting back and waiting for the opponent to make mistakes, then then catch them on the counter.

That's a big difference. Wolves has no intentions to control the game, but we do when we can.

Not saying there is anything wrong with that, but when people say Wolves is this open, attacking and attractive football team it's total nonsense.

28 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Not saying there's anything wrong with you're play style, it's just not my cup of tea.

I prefer to watch teams that dictates games.

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You're wrong here TRO.

We are not a park the bus side like Wolves are. At least from what i saw from last season we are trying to dominate games  and make things happen. Wolves on the other hand are sitting back and waiting for the opponent to make mistakes, then then catch them on the counter.

That's a big difference. Wolves has no intentions to control the game, but we do when we can.

Not saying there is anything wrong with that, but when people say Wolves is this open, attacking and attractive football team it's total nonsense.

I don't think its about being a park the bus side, in that context......" Necessity is the mother of Invention"

I'm sorry, I just don't think teams set out to intentionally park the bus, in the sense of the word..... teams who do, know they do not have the ability to control the opponent,as they would like, so they have to use counter tactics. A same team playing a lesser opponent would not necessarily "park the bus"

Dean Smith said after Saturdays game they did not follow instructions in the second half, like we planned.......They were being outplayed that's why.....Tired legs and tired brains can easily forget the blackboard stuff.

Its Wolves second season, teams will be better briefed how they play and try to negate them....that will inhibit their free flowing style they were praised for......Its a contest, these things happen.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not saying there's anything wrong with you're play style, it's just not my cup of tea.

Like Barcelona and Man city......don't we all. or Liverpool and Spurs.

As fans we have to sometimes appreciate the opponent even if its behind gritted teeth......It may also be easier to enjoy the good times more too.

I don't think there is anything wrong generally in Wolves style, on the contrary, I think most fans would see them as an entertaining team.....I didn't see the Leicester game, but they are a good team too, perhaps they just cancelled each other out.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Yet you spent 6 months of last season saying Smith was a downgrade on Bruce 🤔

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We played pretty much the same system in the championship and dictated most games, and plenty of games last season in the premier league too.

As @TRO has suggested, it really boils down to the ability of the opposition, and that partly is the strength of the system we play, it allows us to push up and dominate the ball against weaker teams, and sit back looking for chances against the stronger teams.

For example, in pre season we played Newcastle United and dominated the ball from memory, in the next game we played the same system against Man City and er, didn't.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

We played pretty much the same system in the championship and dictated most games, and plenty of games last season in the premier league too.

As @TRO has suggested, it really boils down to the ability of the opposition, and that partly is the strength of the system we play, it allows us to push up and dominate the ball against weaker teams, and sit back looking for chances against the stronger teams.

For example, in pre season we played Newcastle United and dominated the ball from memory, in the next game we played the same system against Man City and er, didn't.

But you're not really good at dictating games are you?

Didn't you lot lose to Huddersfield?

14 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Wolves are very similar to us under MON, a distinct style that causes problems for the big teams but when teams sit back its hard to break down. We needed a No.10 back then and probably Wolves are similar, somebody that compliments the midfielders

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yet you spent 6 months of last season saying Smith was a downgrade on Bruce 🤔

Not really.

I was actually calling for Bruce's head before he got the sack.

I recall preferring Fat Sam at the time because of the fact he got promoted with West Ham in his first attempt and established them in Premier League.

Just now, villalad21 said:

Not really.

I was actually calling for Bruce's head before he got the sack.

I recall preferring Fat Sam at the time because of the fact he got promoted with West Ham in his first attempt and established them in Premier League.

no comment

22 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

To me, that is pretty obvious.....you can only do what the opposition allows you to do.

Every player has to battle for the ball and dominate the opponent......all easier said than done.

but when players drift through a game like a snowflake, they have to come off......These great players everyone idolises over.....they work like trojans and are robust in the physicality of the game....that's just for starters, before they decide to play.

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

But you're not really good at dictating games are you?

Didn't you lot lose to Huddersfield?

Well that's in the eye of the beholder.  You can choose any individual game to support a case, I'm told we dominated Spurs second half at Wembley when we scored three at their place.

We can keep the ball well, and break down teams, take a look at our second goal vs Sheffield United in the Championship at home and our first (or second, not sure) vs Cardiff at home last season for examples of the kinds of goals I think you (and we all) find attractive.

It's true that Nuno does like his teams to be comfortable and 'in control' without the ball, and I believe it's a mistake to just look at possession stats to decide that a team has dominated a game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy81 said:

It's true that Nuno does like his teams to be comfortable and 'in control' without the ball, and I believe it's a mistake to just look at possession stats to decide that a team has dominated a game.

A certain ex Villa and Wolves manager liked Villa to keep the ball for no reason 

• Like 1

Â