Jimzk5

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I read other clubs forums from time to time for whatever reason. Lately I’ve been reading the Villa thread on the wolves forum. I get the stick we are getting, and I get the arrogance from wolves fans. After all it’s the first time in how many decades where they are infront of us. What I don’t get is that there is a villa fan posting on there, and he’s getting dogs abuse. He seems a non problematic poster, so **** knows why he’s getting the abuse he’s getting. It’s pretty embarrassing on their part tbf. Maybe some of their posters feel a bit rattled? Either way, the wolves fans that post regularly on here seem sound, and they are always welcome. It would be foolish to think we would finish above them, but I’m confident we have spent well and will stay up without too much worry. 

It is really bad, but it’s mainly from a handful of posters. I’ve clicked ‘like’ on loads of that Villa fan’s posts. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Frimpong injury was the key (and possibly to your season). Had a stormer first half that day and then got injured. We then switched to three centrally for the second half (think we'd started with 4 forwards for some reason) and took control.

Good memory! Yes he was playing really well and looked a star for a while. That game he played a blinder and it was a real shame for him. 

I seem to remember david Davis coming on for him and doing ok. Our feelings for him changed pretty sharpish!

Haha some proper weirdos on that Mol Mix thread (one in particular).

So insular, don't want to discuss with or engage with anyone but their own.  Football forum version of a Brexit voter.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Haha some proper weirdos on that Mol Mix thread (one in particular).

So insular, don't want to discuss with or engage with anyone but their own.  Football forum version of a Brexit voter.

Whatever you do, never go into the politics sub forum. Abandon all hope thee who enter

4 hours ago, Andy81 said:

Good memory! Yes he was playing really well and looked a star for a while. That game he played a blinder and it was a real shame for him. 

I seem to remember david Davis coming on for him and doing ok. Our feelings for him changed pretty sharpish!

Interesting choice of words, because as I remember it, Petrov pretty much kicked out his eye that game :lol:

• Haha 1

With Cutrone coming in Wolves have actually now strengthened based on last season though now TRO so I would be mostly confident about beating you, despite my lack of knowledge and the amount of new signings making you a relative unknown. Very interested to see how you guys start but still happy with my 6th-11th sort of area prediction for Wolves again. Not fussed about the cups as much and will take what we get in regards to that, however would take finishing in that area and then getting to the group stages of the Europa or beyond as a success. 

1 minute ago, big mean bunny said:

still happy with my 6th-11th sort of area prediction for Wolves again

That's not really a prediction mate, probably 80% of people would expect that finish for Wolves, the difference between 11th and 6th is about as great as 20th to 10th.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy81 said:

You gave us a decent game last time, don't worry about it 😉

Not getting carried away.....you are after all, ahead of us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, big mean bunny said:

With Cutrone coming in Wolves have actually now strengthened based on last season though now TRO so I would be mostly confident about beating you, despite my lack of knowledge and the amount of new signings making you a relative unknown. Very interested to see how you guys start but still happy with my 6th-11th sort of area prediction for Wolves again. Not fussed about the cups as much and will take what we get in regards to that, however would take finishing in that area and then getting to the group stages of the Europa or beyond as a success. 

I still say.....I think we can give you a game.

They seem to be being discussed as on a par with Leicester in the media and I wouldn't disagree.

One of two or three (Everton?) who could crack into the top six this year.

Wouldn't it be funny if we turned them over heavily at VP just like last time though :) 

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Can't see any of them breaking the top 6, but Everton, Leicester and Wolves are definitely the outstanding group of the best of the rest.

With the points in the premier league migrating north up he table for some time it’s just good to see any clubs get close. Hope someone does make it this year, whoever it is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy81 said:

With the points in the premier league migrating north up he table for some time it’s just good to see any clubs get close. Hope someone does make it this year, whoever it is. 

Maybe they can make a mini league of who takes most points off the top 6?

Can't see them improving simply due to the europa league. Look at all the points Chelsea and Arsenal dropped on Sundays after europe games last season and both were playing reserve teams in the competition up until the knock out stages.

Add in a reasonably small squad and tough ask for Wolves to finish 7th again, they may just get in top 10 again with the quality they have.

Â