Jimzk5

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

And you seem sound, so definitely nothing directed personally.

Cheers chap, I feel the same about Villa Talk generally.  You definitely treat me better on here than Villa Fans get treated on Molineux Mix, so there's probably something in it unfortunately.

I hate games against the Albion, the venom is something else, it's nothing like this with Villa.

I generally don't mind any proper football fans, it's the fans of United and Liverpool mainly that I don't like, mainly because they think their support of their clubs is the same as our support for Wolves or Villa even thought they come from Surrey or something.

Edited by Andy81

Nothing really against Wolves, I know a few and they're fine to talk football with.

Remember getting on the train after the 3-2 Robbie Keane game at their place, and again their fans were fine. If that was small heath or them other lot, it would've been a bit of an uncomfortable train journey.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Nothing really against Wolves, I know a few and they're fine to talk football with.

Remember getting on the train after the 3-2 Robbie Keane game at their place, and again their fans were fine. If that was small heath or them other lot, it would've been a bit of an uncomfortable train journey.

Ah that was a great game!  I was in the South Bank.  Kitely scored a great goal to put us 2-1 up then Keane scored two worldies.

Think we'd have got a draw if we had kept 11 men on the pitch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy81 said:

Ah that was a great game!  I was in the South Bank.  Kitely scored a great goal to put us 2-1 up then Keane scored two worldies.

That Henry kick was right in front of me. Complete madness in a game that important.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

That Henry kick was right in front of me. Complete madness in a game that important.

Yeah, good player for us, cost about 250k but he had that in him.

37 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Genuinely one of the finest Villa strikes I've seen.  Everything about it was beautiful, Wolves fans with a bit of booing, dropping ball hit as clean as you like and an amazing sound hitting the net.  Then no celebration, but a smirk with Dunne(?) or something.  :D 

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Genuinely one of the finest Villa strikes I've seen.  Everything about it was beautiful, Wolves fans with a bit of booing, dropping ball hit as clean as you like and an amazing sound hitting the net.  Then no celebration, but a smirk with Dunne(?) or something.  :D 

There may have been a bit of booing as at that point there was a suggestion that he'd turned a loan to us down, although Wolves never made an approach apparently.

He always got an amazing reception from us before then, we used to sing his name as he scored hat tricks against us.

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t mind Wolves or their fans that much. It’s the locals that support Liverpool, Man U etc that have all of a sudden also become big wolves fans also that really get my goat.

Yeah they can **** off.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Definitely, so little back lift as well, just bought it down and smacked it.

Hitz against small heath in 2004(ish) is up there as well.

The touch to control it was almost as good as the strike itself for me. It all happened in one fluid motion. Didn't even look up at the net. What a player he was. Even at 53 or whatever he was, he was still head and shoulders above the rest of our team that season.

• Like 1

Massively dislike molmix so not surprised fans of other clubs hate it. Convinced that is where all the lunatics who used to post inane bollocks on the 606 forums all went! Terrible site. 

Wasn't convinced with Traore the other night myself . He is exciting as a spectator but he makes the coach in me infuriated so not sure how Nuno doesn't want to strangle him. He stands completely still off the ball and when he gets it he slows to an utterly crawl before acceleration and beating his man, which means all the other players have either stopped or been marked. Continually beating a part time fullback making his debut for Crusaders isn't enough for me. Prem fullbacks will see through him in about 3 minutes. 

He is an 18million pound version of Joe Mason for me, has zero actual position you can identify that adds a genuine strength overall to the team. People act like being in training with Nuno and the team is the answer. I did grassroots scouting for Rotherham briefly and am also a teacher and all the intangibles that the FA player identification teach you to look for, are what Troare doesn't have, and loads of pupils listen and follow what you teach, but still can't put it into practise wifhout you. 

• Like 2

I read other clubs forums from time to time for whatever reason. Lately I’ve been reading the Villa thread on the wolves forum. I get the stick we are getting, and I get the arrogance from wolves fans. After all it’s the first time in how many decades where they are infront of us. What I don’t get is that there is a villa fan posting on there, and he’s getting dogs abuse. He seems a non problematic poster, so **** knows why he’s getting the abuse he’s getting. It’s pretty embarrassing on their part tbf. Maybe some of their posters feel a bit rattled? Either way, the wolves fans that post regularly on here seem sound, and they are always welcome. It would be foolish to think we would finish above them, but I’m confident we have spent well and will stay up without too much worry. 

• Like 2

On 26/07/2019 at 14:41, Andy81 said:

Frimpong injury was the key (and possibly to your season). Had a stormer first half that day and then got injured. We then switched to three centrally for the second half (think we'd started with 4 forwards for some reason) and took control.

• Like 1

On 26/07/2019 at 15:03, bobzy said:

His first was quite a good one IIRC aswell, first time volley when it was dropping infront of him.

Keane was fantastic in his short loan spell. This was 2012 btw when he was comfortably past his peak as a premier league player yet he still looked a class above. We really should've signed him years earlier.

On 26/07/2019 at 22:04, Keyblade said:

The touch to control it was almost as good as the strike itself for me. It all happened in one fluid motion. Didn't even look up at the net. What a player he was. Even at 53 or whatever he was, he was still head and shoulders above the rest of our team that season.

I remember that day, a friend of mine opened a café and wanted me to come. I told him I won’t come unless if there was an assurance you’ll put Wolves vs Villa game because his place was far from me and I would have missed the whole first half if I went back. Gladly we watched it when couple of people were there and won it. The main thing I remember fro Robbie Keane with us was that day.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Frimpong injury was the key (and possibly to your season). Had a stormer first half that day and then got injured. We then switched to three centrally for the second half (think we'd started with 4 forwards for some reason) and took control.

Alex McLeish and 4 forwards. Nope don't remember that 😜

We started that day with Bent, Gabby and Robbie Keane so three strikers. Albrighton also started so front foot wing player aswell when he was on form (he was having a good spell of form around that time).

Actually at start of season we had Bent, Gabby, Nzogbia and Heskey all starting the first 3-4 games. Only McLeish could however play Heskey as a central midfielder!

It was only right at the end we only went ultra defensive in our starting 11s, still remember that Spurs home game when we play Herd, Warnock and Petrov as our midfield three.

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We started that day with Bent, Gabby and Robbie Keane so three strikers. Albrighton also started so front foot wing player aswell when he was on form (he was having a good spell of form around that time).

Actually at start of season we had Bent, Gabby, Nzogbia and Heskey all starting the first 3-4 games. Only McLeish could however play Heskey as a central midfielder!

It was only right at the end we only went ultra defensive in our starting 11s, still remember that Spurs home game when we play Herd, Warnock and Petrov as our midfield three.

Bent getting injured really didn't help things, especially with Keane going back.

Â