Media and punditry

BOF

May have been covered elsewhere, but yesterday's Sky commentary on the Liverpool game was nothing short of pathetic. Made me want to spew on several occasions. 

• Like 1

Martin Keown "That is the mark of the man, Frank Lampard has been fantastic for the Premier League. The debate will run and run about who is better, Lampard or Gerrard. You have to question whether Mourinho, who brought Drogba back, should have tried to bring Lampard back instead."

Do you have to question Mourinho, who just won the league without any real challenge?

• Like 1

Any idea why Luke hates Villa so much on the football ramble (apart from sherwood)

He's fast becoming the "Ramble Ruiner" for me. Talks waaaaaaay more than others, and as you said, if he's not spewing vitriol about Villa / Sherwood its vitriol about another team.

Any idea why Luke hates Villa so much on the football ramble (apart from sherwood)

Its purely for Sherwood. He never hated Villa before (apart from the odd dig that, let's be honest, we more than deserved)

Sherwood is the new harry redknapp for them.

To be honest, if it wasn't for the fact that hes manager of our club, I'd probably agree with every word.

It does seem a bit grating when you're the target though.

He's fast becoming the "Ramble Ruiner" for me. Talks waaaaaaay more than others, and as you said, if he's not spewing vitriol about Villa / Sherwood its vitriol about another team.
He's easily the best of the four IMO.

He and Marcus carry the show.

I despise Trevor Francis

I don't understand why the most famous player from our hated neighbours is regularly chosen to commentate on our games.

• Like 1

Its purely for Sherwood. He never hated Villa before (apart from the odd dig that, let's be honest, we more than deserved)

Sherwood is the new harry redknapp for them.

To be honest, if it wasn't for the fact that hes manager of our club, I'd probably agree with every word.

It does seem a bit grating when you're the target though.

He's easily the best of the four IMO.

He and Marcus carry the show.

Jim is very good as well but only really comes to life when talking about Arsenal apart from the odd pun here and there. 

Pete I could easily live without. 

Regardless of the fact that we are involved in the final today. The BBC coverage of the final today is fantastic. Road to Wembley with Linekar on now is brilliant and I think ill cry if we win.

• Like 3

The BBC have done alot to restore some of the old glamour to the FA Cup this season. This season's coverage and today's especially has been superb.

Right up until they put robbie savage on pointless ;)

• Like 1

The BBC have done alot to restore some of the old glamour to the FA Cup this season. This season's coverage and today's especially has been superb.

It's been good IMO, Savage has been decent value.

I, and lots of other people I spoke to yesterday were actually pretty suprised how Villa-centric the coverage was yesterday. I'd say they spent a good 2/3rds of the time discussing Villa compared to 1/3rd Arsenal. Very unexpected.

Few years back the BBC just to lag behind Sky so much in their build up to games but I watched from half 4 and thought it was brilliant. Also some of their programmes in the week that got repeated in the hours beforehand. Also watched Football focus for the first time in what seems like years.

Amusing in the second half Danny Murphy was actively becoming a cheerleader for us, even at 3 nil he was arguing if we get a penalty we could've still got back into the game!

Anyone actually watch the final on BT, I imagine that was more focused on Arsenal.

Indeed, the one thing that stopped me putting my fist through the telly yesterday was the fact that they had Danny Murphy and not Lawro commentating. I don't think I could have taken 90 minutes of him taking the piss and moaning.

• Like 1

I was amazed he knew who directed rear window. 

• 2 weeks later...

Assumed most people would of already seen it but.

Former Manchester United star Rio Ferdinand was announced as lead analyst, with Paul Scholes, Michael Owen, Steve McManaman, Owen Hargreaves, Harry Redknapp, Glenn Hoddle and Howard Webb also part of their punditry team alongside Gary Lineker.

• Like 1

Â