Media and punditry

BOF

I find Pearce fine 90% of the time. Good in fact.

But then he'll just go and say something monumentally stupid or annoying and **** it all up.

I'll never forgive him for that game where he said the ref shouldn't be giving a red card in a big game.

I find Pearce fine 90% of the time. Good in fact.

But then he'll just go and say something monumentally stupid or annoying and **** it all up.

I'll never forgive him for that game where he said the ref shouldn't be giving a red card in a big game.

Pearce has really annoyed me recently with some of his commentary of Villa matches. Used to like him, thought he sounded like a proper fan. Now he just sounds like a proper knob

I remember when he was the commentator for a London station and Tom Ross was cocommentaing with him, he went mental and tried to say Andy Townsend should have been sent off, Tom Ross mugged him off by saying he didn't need sensationalise things to make games more exciting. I quite liked Tom for a bit then, you could tell he was getting passed off.

Niall Quinn continually pronouncing Jagielka...Yagielka.

What a boring, boring man he is too.

Hate to say this but that's his actual family name.

Just sayin'.

Yep, Jagielka has confirmed before that that's actually how you pronounce it.

So for once, Quinn is actually right.

More than once, he's actually the only one correctly pronouncing the silent 'M' in Guzan, keep up the good work Nail (tool)!

• Like 1

Whenever Jonathan Pearce pisses me off, I just think back to that goal line technology moment at the World Cup, and the laughter makes everything ok again.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

That was an amazing moment.

Everyone in the world understood what was happening there. Except for Pearce it seems.

That was during that weird time when people didn't trust the technology.

I felt like shaking people and shouting "you know this hasn't just been thrown together?! They've tested this shit beyond belief. It works!"

I like Danny Murphy, think he gets some unfair stick on here. Also think Phil Neville has got much better on motd as the season has gone on, Kevin Kilbane and Jermaine Jenas too. If the BBC got rid of Shearer and Savage it would be much better.

Savage is a joke, he pretty much knows this though to be fair. I think the BBC should do better though, I don't care how many idiots like him, because they keep saying he tests really well with the general public. I think Shearer has improved a lot this season. But Danny Murphy is very good, as is Phillip Neville, it's their monotone delivery that lets them down.

Phil Neville has improved because he couldn't get any worse than his World Cup debut.

When he spoke ...really quiet ...and hesitantly.

Danny Murphy and Jenas are top class, don't just come out with cliches and what we can see and know. They give an actual insight into the game, the minds of footballers, and the tactical side I don't always see.

Phil Neville tries to hard to look inteliigent, and Kilbane has a gap in his teeth so distracting I have no idea what he is ever talking about.

Â