Media and punditry

BOF

i didnt know where to post this and dont know if you guys would be interested but....

Theres a guy on poker forum who ranks the 300th players in the world. He also does individual positions and so far this year has done the top 100 best LB/RB's. 100 best CB's. and 200 AM/Wingers. Hes also completed the top #'s of forwards which he will be releasing soon. In the blog below he just gives the ranking, but in the blog he links to the poker forum where he gives a small description of the player and why theyre rated where they are.

He watches an insane amount of football from all leagues and is the "go to guy" to ask about anything football or player related. I would easily put his knowledge ahead of anybody in the media hes that elite

So yeh, if anyone is bored and wants to waste some time reading some rankings of players then blog is:       (hopefully this isnt classed as spam, i have nothing to do with the guy):

http://300bestplayersintheworld.blogspot.dk/

and if you click on the lists, there will be another link where you can read small descriptions.

note: it isnt over the players career, its up to date, how theyre performing in the last year or two and unbiased.

Edited by gharperr

i didnt know where to post this and dont know if you guys would be interested but....

Theres a guy on poker forum who ranks the 300th players in the world. He also does individual positions and so far this year has done the top 100 best LB/RB's. 100 best CB's. and 200 AM/Wingers. Hes also completed the top #'s of forwards which he will be releasing soon. In the blog below he just gives the ranking, but in the blog he links to the poker forum where he gives a small description of the player and why theyre rated where they are.

He watches an insane amount of football from all leagues and is the "go to guy" to ask about anything football or player related. I would easily put his knowledge ahead of anybody in the media hes that elite

So yeh, if anyone is bored and wants to waste some time reading some rankings of players then blog is:       (hopefully this isnt classed as spam, i have nothing to do with the guy):

http://300bestplayersintheworld.blogspot.dk/

and if you click on the lists, there will be another link where you can read small descriptions.

note: it isnt over the players career, its up to date, how theyre performing in the last year or two and unbiased.

He should read the 'overated players' and 'rubbish players' thread and realise that most of those lads listed are garbage.

Amateur.

I'm only half way through it, but given they spoke about Bournemouth for about 20 minutes I figured other teams wouldn't get much of a mench.

Luke was right with what he said about us though.

I particularly enjoyed them ridiculing Liverpool fans though. Especially the line "If we win the league this season it won't be that special now that Stevie G has gone".

• Like 1

Yeah thought the ramble was decent. They clearly hold preseason results and performances in the same disdain as myself, which I like.

They talk about us a fair bit overall, partly as Marcus who puts together the running order has a little soft spot for us.

Glad to have them back anyway!

Yeah thought the ramble was decent. They clearly hold preseason results and performances in the same disdain as myself, which I like.

They talk about us a fair bit overall, partly as Marcus who puts together the running order has a little soft spot for us.

Glad to have them back anyway!

I think we get more air time these days because of how much they (understandably) hate Sherwood.

Incidentally, I didn't think much of their Summer Special. Especially as you had to pay for it.

Listening to 606. They've not kicked a ball yet, but they've already had two calls from Liverpool fans moaning about how bad things are (and by the sounds of it, close to tears).

The season is officially underway.

• Like 3

BT Sport have a 3 man commentary team? Its surprisingly better than I expected

Yeah I heard Hoddle doing co comms and thought "where's Michael Owen" and then of course his monotone voice pops up a minute later!

Yeah it seemed to be main commentator and Owen mainly with Hoddle popping up whenever Spurs had a shot at goal.

So, flicked the new fangled football league show on channel 5.  I shall summarise thus:

Pro:

No Steve Claridge

Con:

Just about everything else.

Teething issues would be a fair assessment - they asked a member of the live studio audience about their willingness to admit to a deliberate handball, only they didn't give him a mic so no-one heard a word as he spent half a minute talking.  They brought Martin Allen on to talk about Barnet's game with Leyton Orient, only he evidently seen any of the highlights as his astute insight was to basically parrot whatever was being shown on screen at the time.

Oh, and all the leagues are mashed up so you'll have no idea who's on next, who's just been on or even who's on now.  Oh and the production costs didn't stretch to a computer graphic with the table on, so they just got someone to print out some bits of paper, stick them in order on a bit of plywood and spin them round on set at the right time.

Come back Manish, all is forgiven!

• Like 1

Just switched it on, it's terrible! I really hate the live audience format for these shows, it's too awkward as ex-pros are not trained to work a crowd, and it seems neither are these two presenters. The camera panning down the rotating wooden league table is hilarious too, and the league two table had some dirty marks at the top of it! All looks a little like:

hqdefault.jpg

Â