Media and punditry

BOF

Just looking through the tweets as #footballon5 is trending at the moment. Was it really that bad?

I have to say that the BBC do sport so much better than either ITV or Channel 5.

Just looking through the tweets as #footballon5 is trending at the moment. Was it really that bad?

Yes - only saved by this guy in the background. They should make him the anchor

CL6o4R5WsAA3gpP.jpg

You Wot Mate  :D

Anything involving a live audience is always awful.

You know when you tune into the FA Cup final coverage or even non football news stuff, like a royal wedding or the olympics or something. 50% (if you're lucky) of the coverage is them asking Joe Public out in the street about the event.

Nobody gives a shit. Literally nobody.

I don't give two flying **** what a member of the live audience thinks about something that happened in a football match I was watching.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Only cought bits of it, I remember kelly cates when she was on skysports news under the name Kelly dalglish, used to really fancy her, on that football league show she looked like a nun.

As for the tables, it reminded me of this

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 3

Anything involving a live audience is always awful.

You know when you tune into the FA Cup final coverage or even non football news stuff, like a royal wedding or the olympics or something. 50% (if you're lucky) of the coverage is them asking Joe Public out in the street about the event.

Nobody gives a shit. Literally nobody.

I don't give two flying **** what a member of the live audience thinks about something that happened in a football match I was watching.

agree though the Sky Monday night used to be decent but was same fan every week so obviously they were screened before

It was awful. Remember the MLS show they had when Beckham first joined, it was worse than that..

Just a tip, I enjoy watching all levels of football but don't try and hype up and givel league2 football the old razzle dazzle. Cringe.

They also bizarrely had the league tables printed out on boards. Seems very costly and wasteful. Are they going to do that every week?

This show will be cancelled by Christmas. Wonder how much they paid for the rights...as ITV digital showed it is a limitedmarket.

Only 2 short months off and I forgot just how bad parts of the media are regarding Villa. First up listening to five live at the game we had Joey Barton who was advertising himself to a new club. He basically said he was better than everyone else on the pitch- is that why QPR let you go Joey? 

By plucky little Villa winning on Saturday, it ruined the narrative for the media. Everyone wanted Bournemouth to win on their big day. They said they should have taken their chances and Villa were poor in the first half. In fact it was a nothing 45 in which they had a few half chances and didn't take them. We then stepped up and deserved the win. I heard Talksport saying that we 'got away with it' Really? I thought it was a solid 7/10 away performance in which we had a lot of new signings trying to gel.Away win, clean sheet. I will always take that thank you very much.

The narrative is that by letting Vlaar, Delph, Cleverley and Benteke go we have 'ripped' the heart out of the side and are in big trouble. Alternatively if these guys were that good would we have come 17th last season, and not many clubs have spent 40 million+ on new players. It could work, it could not, but lets just wait and see eh?

• Like 3

From the highlights Bournemouth had one chance in the first half that you could argue they "should have scored". That was it.

One where they should have scored, one very good chance and one good save from Guzan.

never read Birmingham Mail but the reviews from weekend were woeful. Gueye a 4 and Richards and Amavi a 6  :blink:

Nobody appears to read the Mail these days= about 30,000 circulation I think? .For the only daily paper of the second city, its a rag run by a skeleton staff, and really shows how the media in England are basically just in London and Manchester.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Wasn't sure if anyone else had seen this. Although this may or may not have been conducted by the highly accomplished researchers in the game, it was slightly amusing to see how much it claims Norwich dislike us.

Still sore after Lambert (aren't we all).

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/90-west-brom-fans-hate-9833265

Â