Media and punditry

BOF

In what way? In that they are so blinkered to foreign football that they actually believe it? In that they have all this European football on show and get paid handsomely to know something about it and yet on a weekly basis some of them prove that they obviously don't watch that much football? Or that sky pander to the masses and tell the crowd what they want to hear?

Personally I think it's the middle one, which is infuriating IMO, jamie redknapp is one of the worst offenders, he's watched bayern 3 times this season, twice when they played man city and last week vs Porto name yet he's supposed to give analysis on them? Jeff is surprising because his knowledge on English football is so good, mcinally was good you can tell he still watches bayern on a regular basis and knew about their youth set up etc

was the fact merson had to shout him down and ask how and he didnt have an answer to it. In fairness all 3 others on panel looked shocked when he said it.

On Jamie redknapp he is a fraud of a pundit, he said Yaya Toure was better than Rakitic. Said it all for me

I don't think it's that strange. I hate it when players score tap-ins and proceed to act as if the goal was all about them. I especially hate it when players run off on their own and start pointing to the name on their shirt.

I didn't see Chicharito's goal though so I don't know if it was that bad.

edit: Just watched it. It wasn't that bad and totally understandable given the circumstances.

Edited by abdomlahor

If that was controversial then Sky really is very tame. What I thought was strange was that he never mentioned that Ronaldo does that every time he scores

What do people want? They complain when players dont celebrate vs old clubs and now ciomplain when a bit-part player goes crazy after scoring a last minute winner to put his team into Champions League semi finals vs their city rivals

I liked Henry because he was such a good player, but the more punditry I see him do, the more I think he thinks he's still in that va va voom ad. Playing the game well does not mean that you can talk about it well. Walk the walk, no talk the talk. And the handball thing was a bit douchey, and he shouldn't be let forget it. 

Charlie Nicholas giving Sherwood praise for leaving out Gabby last week...  :rolleyes: Erm he was injured, you tit!

Merson reckons Benteke is playing well, because Sherwood has told him he can go at the end of the season.

They all think Villa won, because Liverpool were poor.  

This is why I don't watch Soccer Saturday, and am feeling stupid for wasting my time today. 

• Like 2

ive had to switch to a German stream it was that bad. Its surprisingly much better not listening to the commentator lick Man City arse (though he might be but i cant understand a word of it :P

well we did win because liverpool were poor? Do you think on form liverpool would lose to on form villa? They was asked the question if we "bamboozled" them or whatever it was. Dont see any complaints in that comment of theirs. They also said we was very good and got it right 

Edited by gharperr

well we did win because liverpool were poor? Do you think on form liverpool would lose to on form villa? They was asked the question if we "bamboozled" them or whatever it was. Dont see any complaints in that comment of theirs. They also said we was very good and got it right 

Football isn't that simple though is it?

it kind of is (if were ignoring variance). We won because liverpool wasnt good enough and we played better than the level that liverpool played on the day. How is this even being disputed or complained about?

The panel said we was good and that liverpool was poor. Not really postworthy iyam

Edited by gharperr

Â