Media and punditry

BOF

It was awful. Remember the MLS show they had when Beckham first joined, it was worse than that..

Just a tip, I enjoy watching all levels of football but don't try and hype up and givel league2 football the old razzle dazzle. Cringe.

They also bizarrely had the league tables printed out on boards. Seems very costly and wasteful. Are they going to do that every week?

This show will be cancelled by Christmas. Wonder how much they paid for the rights...as ITV digital showed it is a limitedmarket.

The beeb will have it back next season even though C5 have got the rights for 3 years, the beeb did it right. Showed the highlights in the correct order rather than changing from league to league at the drop of a hat. Also the beeb understood that no-one really gives a **** about the football league highlights hence putting them on after MOTD rather than putting them on when most people are out having a meal or a drink etc.

The BBC are only behind Sky for their coverage of sport. It's much better than BT, ITV, Eurosport or C5.

Nice balanced tv airtime Liverpool will get this year (again)

9 out of there opening 14 games are on the tv, including every game they play in October being on tv.

**** joke

Edited by Jimzk5

Not sure if it warrants it's own thread, but I'm being introduced to more forums for other clubs care of VT. Naturally, every club has a broad cross-section of poster, but it seems that the Foxes forum and Ready to Go Sunderland have some batshit crazy people on there.

The RTG forum seems to be barely moderated, with a mess of similar threads where every second phrase seems to be "**** word removed like". Really surprised how they haven't gotten over the whole Darren Bent transfer too.

Obviously, we all know about the comedy aspects of RAWK, but what other forums seem to be the most level-headed (Stoke seemed decent), and which seem to be the most mental?

• Like 1

RedCafe isn't too bad....just avoid the Man. United section and go to other forums as obviously the world wide support means you get decent threads on other leagues and players abroad.

Got the same train as Martin Keown from Lichfield Trent Valley today!

• Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33948436

Sunderland manager Dick Advocaat says he will hold a Sunday meeting with his players to find out why his side have started the season so badly.

The Black Cats followed up their 4-2 opening-day defeat at Leicester with a 3-1 reverse at home to newly promoted Norwich on Saturday.

"It was even worse than last week," Advocaat said. "We have to discuss with the players how we go on.

"We have to find the solution, because otherwise we have no chance."

Sunderland used four different strikers in Jermain Defoe, Steven Fletcher, Danny Graham and 21-year-old debutant Duncan Whatmore, who scored an 88th-minute consolation with only his side's second shot on target.

By that time many frustrated fans had already left the ground early, while some of those who stayed called on chairman Doug Ellis to invest in the squad further.

This summer Sunderland have signed defenders Younes Kaboul, Sebastian Coates and Adam Matthews, as well as midfielders Jeremain Lens and Yann M'Vila.

"Even this squad must be good enough to get a better result against Norwich, with five new players, but there is something wrong, that's quite simple," Advocaat added.

"It was the same in pre-season and you hoped it would change but it is not changing.

"I have an idea about it, but tomorrow we will have a meeting and they can talk and I will talk. Myself as well, I am responsible for that, no doubt."

Sunderland next play Swansea at home on Saturday, 22 August.

Who writes this stuff?

EDIT: Seems they've changed it now. Amateurs.

Edited by Mantis

Incisive input on MOTD tonight.

This was it.

Lineker: Aston Villa, new team, bound to take some time to gel.

Jenas: Yup

Wright: Yup.

Hahahaha.

Better to just not bother. Its not disrespectful because they love Tim and often speak to him. But come on. Better to say 'We'll talk about Villa when they win a game'.

• Like 3

I forgot Ian Wright used to be on BBC, just know from his cheerleading claptrap on England games, did he used to do MOTD before as his analysis was woeful.

On Terrestrial TV the best pundit by miles IMO is Lee Dixon and he'll be underused now they've lost champions league.

Don't know about MOTD but certainly remember him being a pundit during live coverage. A complete arsehole as a player and a complete arsehole as a pundit. Chip on his shoulder and strikes me as a bit of a racist.

bet he still thinks Wright Phillips should be in the  England squad

Carragher going on about Balotelli on MNF. Sounds like he's one of the lads down the pub that rarely gets to offer an opinion on football, but one day he pipes up with an opinion on Balotelli. Lots of sighing and I don't knows. And then someone mentions that he has to show his quality, and he says what quality? What quality does he have? Silence and then sort of laughter from everyone else. Because Carragher is so out of his element. 

As if Balotelli has absolutely no pedigree. I really don't like that MNF set up. Neville is very good, but Henry seems to think he's on a two hour ad for a Volkswagen or a whiskey or something, and Carragher has no more insight or perspective than the man in the pub who thinks Liverpool should be finishing in the top 2 every season because they're called Liverpool.

• Like 1

Â