Media and punditry

BOF

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Sky don't actually have international coverage, the other games are produced by some other company and distributed worldwide.  Townsend must work for them.

And then watched by me on Sky Germany 😜

I would say he does the majority of the games 

Edit - and our game had Lee Hendrie at the weekend so it's not just carragher and neville 

Edited by villa4europe

Our game against Liverpool has moved to the Monday 8pm slot. I can see it’s a good game for tv but rubbish that our last home game of the season (the best season we’ve had in years) will be a Monday night. Loads of people going to be rushing off as school/work early next morning/kids to get to bed. Hopefully the players still get an an amazing season send off from the fans.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I guess it’s an acquired taste, but I had my first experience listening to Ray Hudson as co-commentator on the PSG versus Barcelona champions league tie.  I don’t think I’ve ever heard any noise so annoying. How do people stand that? What’s the matter with him?

Edited by Marka Ragnos

13 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I guess it’s an acquired taste, but I had my first experience, listening to Ray Hudson as co-commentator on the PSG versus Barcelona champions league tie.  I don’t think I’ve ever heard any noise so annoying. How do people stand that? What’s the matter with him?

I don't think anyone could acquire a taste for that.  I think he was hired by the same people who think people will love Micah Richards' shtick.  If they could actually see their audience trying to puncture their own eardrums to escape the torture they'd fire them both.  I have to make sure I don't have any sharp objects around when watching in case I accidentally unmute my audio.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Sky sports reporter doing a piece from outside VP just now.

“Villa don’t have too many injuries to worry about, just Cash and Lenglet”

Piss poor, really is. Just a complete lack of any form of dedication to the craft

Super easy job for good money I assume. Obviously pocket change from what some of the ex pros haven't earned. But considering the non pro's are "professional journalists" it is about a competant as a cabbage on a table.

Listening to Jason Cundy on the way back from the match and some other cockney wide boy, no mention whatsoever of Villa just all Liverpool with the sprinkling of West Ham , They spent 15 minutes taking the piss out of some pillock called Mo  some random Liverpool supporter. Great Bantz 🙄

8 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Listening to Jason Cundy on the way back from the match and some other cockney wide boy, no mention whatsoever of Villa just all Liverpool with the sprinkling of West Ham , They spent 15 minutes taking the piss out of some pillock called Mo  some random Liverpool supporter. Great Bantz 🙄

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7cqh5j6elcyk0exxssw

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

This is the type of punditry I enjoy

Yes, but it's not Micah Richards guffawing and defending Joanne Lescott, so therefore I'm not buying it.

(Actually, I am buying it, it was ace, that there is proper research, proper knowledge, not just some wanky fop harping on. Why does that kind of shit only normally get broadcast on podcasts and not TV?)

• Like 3

Thought Lucy Ward was good on co comms last night for our game.

She has been good each tome I've heard her.

Knowledgeable and insightful and not just filling a quota.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Yes, but it's not Micah Richards guffawing and defending Joanne Lescott, so therefore I'm not buying it.

(Actually, I am buying it, it was ace, that there is proper research, proper knowledge, not just some wanky fop harping on. Why does that kind of shit only normally get broadcast on podcasts and not TV?)

He's often on the TNT Sports Champions League goals show which is great, it's James Richardson and three guys including Horncastle talking through all the games, showing all the goals and incidents as they happen.  Much better than listening to the ex-pros chatting shit.

On 12/04/2024 at 06:18, Follyfoot said:

You should have heard him with that, I don't like the public prick Goldstien. "So have Man United still got a chance of catching Tottenham for 4th".  F**** me???

• Haha 1

After being incredible for the league last year criticism of Haaland for doing **** all other than score seems to be picking up pace 

Maybe Ollie actually makes some teams of the year 

wasn't sure where to post this but this seems as good as anywhere.....

some quality shithousery going on here

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, imavillan said:

wasn't sure where to post this but this seems as good as anywhere.....

some quality shithousery going on here

Hahaaaaa, sounds like a jawdee version of squeaky Eddie

• Haha 2

Classic Sky coverage today

’so how can Villa cause Arsenal damage today Merse’

’uuuhh not really, Arsenal can only cause damage to themselves today’

Oh I do loathe UK coverage. I’ve muted more games than not this season.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Classic Sky coverage today

’so how can Villa cause Arsenal damage today Merse’

’uuuhh not really, Arsenal can only cause damage to themselves today’

Oh I do loathe UK coverage. I’ve muted more games than not this season.

Yeah such a bizarre statement. 

Â