Media and punditry

BOF

39 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Who was the lady commentating today?  Came across as a right bluenose, she was willing that goal at the end to be given.

karen carney, she is a bluenose, has no business doing commentary on our games, be like getting Gabby doing it on Blues games.... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, calcifer said:

karen carney, she is a bluenose, has no business doing commentary on our games, be like getting Gabby doing it on Blues games.... 

I'm pretty sure it wasn't her.  I've never really had any problem with her when she has covered our games.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't her.  I've never really had any problem with her when she has covered our games.

Most of the match thread were pretty sure it was her.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Who was the lady commentating today?  Came across as a right bluenose, she was willing that goal at the end to be given.

courtney sweetman-kirk? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BBC headline for our match is "Soucek denied by VAR". Media is part of the VAR problem, they want the controversy and clicks. Headline shouldn't even mention VAR, and, if it does, that it was used correctly, not that it "denied" someone or a team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, a-k said:

BBC headline for our match is "Soucek denied by VAR". Media is part of the VAR problem, they want the controversy and clicks. Headline shouldn't even mention VAR, and, if it does, that it was used correctly, not that it "denied" someone or a team. 

Headline should have been "Villa denied by VAR", seeing as we were the only ones to have an incorrect VAR decision go against us.

Saw bits of a shoddy programme with the Sky clearings in the woods called Fan Debate.

Was about 20 fans in the studio and they mainly supported just 6 clubs, I think one Everton fan sneaked in but that was it. Tells you what Sky thinks of English football

I'm not a Danny Murphy hater like most. But it was funny when he was trying to debate Southgate being perfect for Man U. "He could change the culture, get them working harder, make a happy enviroment again". 

"'So he's that good would you have him at Liverpool after Klopp Danny".

"Errr, well, we already have the culture installed and the system is already there, so no we wouldn't need him, blah blah". 😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Saw bits of a shoddy programme with the Sky clearings in the woods called Fan Debate.

Was about 20 fans in the studio and they mainly supported just 6 clubs, I think one Everton fan sneaked in but that was it. Tells you what Sky thinks of English football

The most mental set of fans ever. They think they're a part of the football club.

6 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm not a Danny Murphy hater like most. But it was funny when he was trying to debate Southgate being perfect for Man U. "He could change the culture, get them working harder, make a happy enviroment again". 

"'So he's that good would you have him at Liverpool after Klopp Danny".

"Errr, well, we already have the culture installed and the system is already there, so no we wouldn't need him, blah blah". 😂

What’s interesting about this is that he’s sort of right. Or more bluntly, United’s ongoing decline means the type of manager they can attract is such lower quality than it would have been 10 years ago. We’re talking about the southgates and potters of the world rather than the alonsos, nagelsmanns, xavis etc 

Jeff Stelling has now had a pop at Ben White. This is the man who thought Gary Rowett was a better option than Marco Silva and Tony Pulis could do a better job than Louis Van Gaal at United

A football bigot

On 22/03/2024 at 22:16, JPJCB said:

What’s interesting about this is that he’s sort of right. Or more bluntly, United’s ongoing decline means the type of manager they can attract is such lower quality than it would have been 10 years ago. 

Like players managers go where they get the most money. United can get any manager they want because they are the biggest club in the world, will pay handsomely and will have a very good transfer budget.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Like players managers go where they get the most money. United can get any manager they want because they are the biggest club in the world, will pay handsomely and will have a very good transfer budget.

If that’s right for why are they only linked with managers who are not categorically the best in the world?

Edited by JPJCB

What's missing from this list?

End of season timeline

19 May: Premier League final day

21 May: Southgate names provisional Euro 2024 squad

22 May: Europa League final

25 May: FA Cup final

1 June: Champions League final

3 June: England v Iceland

7 June: England v Bosnia-Herzegovina

7 June (late): Deadline for final Euros squad submitted to Uefa

14 June: Euros starts