Media and punditry

BOF

Won't shut up about Palmer today. Just on SSN, "Is Parmer the best Player in the Premier League on current form". 🥱

20 goals, 9 which are penalties, thats11 from open play, bore off Sky.

Watkins 19 goals from open play, more than anyone including Halaand. Where's the respect. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Won't shut up about Palmer today. Just on SSN, "Is Parmer the best Player in the Premier League on current form". 🥱

Watkins 19 goals from open play, more than anyone including Halaand. Where's the respect. 

Don’t worry about it you know for sky the are only 7 clubs Man Utd, Man City Liverpool, Chelsea, arsenal, spurs and the others (being the generic mass of clubs that make up the rest of the premier league) it doesn’t matter if us or Newcastle consistently get too 4 we will both always be irrelevant to sky. The only change I could see to this would be if spurs don’t get top 4 for a few seasons in a row because they are not a big club and don’t win anything although there stadium makes them a big 6 club in skys view . Utd and Chelsea could spend ten years in the bottom half  of the league and you would still hear about them as part of the big 6

28 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He has 11 goals and 4 assists in 7 games so the answer is definitely yes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Why do people get angry about this?

The media were absolutely wanking themselves silly on Sunday about Watkins. He’s being touted as possible player of the season everywhere you look and everyone is raving about his form. 

Palmer is also an excellent player in excellent form, and scored 4 goals in one game last night. Of course people are talking about him 😂

• Like 1

I never understand why people care about how the media cover us. It reeks of being small time. Like I understand during the few good moments of the Lambert era or something, a few crumbs of praise from the media would be as good as it gets. But we're close to winning a European trophy as well as finishing in the top 4 and playing CL football next season. Respectfully, wtf do I care about Garth Crooks at this point?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I never understand why people care about how the media cover us. It reeks of being small time. Like I understand during the few good moments of the Lambert era or something, a few crumbs of praise from the media would be as good as it gets. But we're close to winning a European trophy as well as finishing in the top 4 and playing CL football next season. Respectfully, wtf do I care about Garth Crooks at this point?

Dont really care about how cover us but I just hate the media in general with its Scum 6 bias and hiring of complete clowns as experts

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dont really care about how cover us but I just hate the media in general with its Scum 6 bias and hiring of complete clowns as experts

Waiting for next time we are on Sky, here is Villa expert Troy Deeney 🤣

7 hours ago, calcifer said:

Waiting for next time we are on Sky, here is Villa expert Troy Deeney 🤣

Bluenoses tend to know more about Villa than that abomination that they support.

• Like 3

It’s hard sometimes to not think we’re intentionally understated in the media, sky sports app right now, Villa in a euro cup final and what’s the headline story? Emma Raducanu playing tennis.

Yeah okay.

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s hard sometimes to not think we’re intentionally understated in the media, sky sports app right now, Villa in a euro cup final and what’s the headline story? Emma Raducanu playing tennis.

Yeah okay.

Villa are not in a euro cup final and they cannot just tell lies may be the explanation.

5th story down even on the football only content page, behind a couple of articles each on West Ham and Liverpool.

Incredible. You'd think they'd want to embrace the one positive English outcome amongst all the other disappointments.

4 hours ago, villan95 said:

Commentator for our game wasn't great. Didn't know what was happening with the Emi situation and proceeded to speculate instead. 

The co-commentator could barely hide her contempt for him at some stages last night.  I swear he's done all our Euro games this season and been awful.

2 hours ago, chips'ngravy said:

5th story down even on the football only content page, behind a couple of articles each on West Ham and Liverpool.

Incredible. You'd think they'd want to embrace the one positive English outcome amongst all the other disappointments.

it's big news for the once quad chasing Liverpool. If they don't win the league (which they wont) Klopp and his farewell tour ends with just a league cup 🤣🤣🤣

But honestly I don't think the media outlets take the conference league all that seriously, unless the champions of the world 1966 West Ham are in it.....

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

The co-commentator could barely hide her contempt for him at some stages last night.  I swear he's done all our Euro games this season and been awful.

Even on our goal..."I don't know what the referee is doing" when he is clearly gesturing to the Lille players that the GK ran into his own teammate

6 hours ago, chips'ngravy said:

I don't really have an issue with that - the Europa League is a "bigger" competition than the Europa Conference League, so mentioning those first is fine.

Â