Media and punditry

BOF

9 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

The commentator and Neville are desperate for Arsenal to score. I don't normally mind Neville but he deffo wants Arsenal to beat City to title 

He predicted Arsenal to win the league at the Start of the season so it's not unexpected. Also it's better for sky if arsenal win it as they can hype up the league even more. 

2 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Classic Sky coverage today

’so how can Villa cause Arsenal damage today Merse’

’uuuhh not really, Arsenal can only cause damage to themselves today’

Oh I do loathe UK coverage. I’ve muted more games than not this season.

With Merse being the 'Villa pundit' there too as he's got 100+ caps for us.

8 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

I know it shouldn’t annoy me.

even the post game interview. They were DESPERATE for Olly and Emi to blow smoke up Arsenal. Not a single mention of 4th, nor Europe etc. just wanted a quote about how they both love Arsenal. Luckily it didn’t work at all as our two were brilliant.

Weird they asked them about arsenal title chance. Should Have taken the FM option of, "can we talk about Aston Villa please?"

Did sky ask Pep whether he thinks Luton will escape relegation yesterday?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pottervillan said:

Looking forward to being last on MOTD2, all of l'Arse attacks being shown then 5 minutes analysis of why Unai and Olly were so distraught at beating them.

We won't be

But it will be interesting to see if we're first or liverpool

Said before it's all about the story and what the biggest headline is and I'd say Emery going back there and winning meaning we go 3 clear of Spurs is bigger 

11 minutes ago, tinker said:

SAF seen it coming when we got well beat at Newcastle, its amazing how there's certain people who can see stuff in games and teams and other just see the score...or XG.

That clip was brilliant. All the two bit pundits nodding along as SAF says 'i watched Newcastle Villa and let me tell you one team was outstanding, and that was Villa" etc. their faces 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Second on motd2... Really 🤔😡

Two outta three ain’t bad 😂

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Just so you all know: Liverpool and Arsenal lost today. Really all that matters. Pep has smiled today -- or was that a grin? Can we please talk about that? Oh, and Manchester United may have finally had their CL hopes extinguished. And Tottenham could still get third, or deserve to. Was there any other news in football today? I don't think so.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Shearer and Given spoke almost entirely about us to be fair to MOTD.

10 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

2nd on MOTD 😂

Fair play tho, lots of analysis about Villa. 

The London-based print media need to catch up. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

I don't need the world to compliment me when I know I have it by the scruff of the neck. I'd like it, but I don't need it.

Sell your subscriptions, Sky, play to the crowds. Unai and Company will keep doing their thing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Even the Arsenal fans can't believe some of the decisions that the ref made, here's their reaction to Arsenal getting the ball after the ball hit one of their players heads and we ended up with possession. The ref giving the ball to them, about 45 minutes into the game (can't post to the exam time)

https://www.youtube.com/live/E5fhPtxrYdo?si=pQdDxxv3KKf8P5xl

Edited by tinker

11 hours ago, tinker said:

SAF seen it coming when we got well beat at Newcastle, its amazing how there's certain people who can see stuff in games and teams and other just see the score...or XG.

Such an incredible clip that aged like fine wine

Â