Media and punditry

BOF

11 minutes ago, imavillan said:

jfc !!!!!

Sky Soccer Special hold no bounds....they have Michael Beale on the panel

Troy Deeney, and now this. Hat off to sky they do like to offer opportunities for those who are simple.

• Haha 2

Hypocrite here... I watch MOTD for the first time in maybe 6 years

Newcastle vs West Ham, how do they not talk about the ref after that game? Both pens + the 2nd West ham goal, not a word, mental 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Newcastle vs West Ham, how do they not talk about the ref after that game? Both pens + the 2nd West ham goal, not a word, mental 

Probably down to the teams involved. City, United, Arsenal or Liverpool and it would have had its own 10 minute slot.

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They’re basically doing zero analysis on any of the games for some reason. It’s weird. 

• Like 1

Must thank MotD for pointing out that Newcastle are the only team in the Premier League to suffer with injuries…

The media narrative surrounding plucky Newcastle, down to the bare bones is totally nauseating. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bobzy said:

They’re basically doing zero analysis on any of the games for some reason. It’s weird. 

Don't think it's weird at all, they had 8 games to run through. Normally they have 5 or 6 tops, sometimes just 3 or 4. 

Jon Champion on Peacock last night in his Professor Yaffle voice:
'Spurs could prove to be Kingmakers - they still have to play all of the top 3.'
I could have sworn that there was another team who still have to play Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool, have already beaten two of them this season, and are above Spurs in the table, but hey who can keep track of the 'non-elite' teams, eh?
I'd love it if we somehow (slim odds!) beat Man City and Arsenal - the media would have to put us back in their little title challenger graphics again!

Edited by oishiiniku_uk
  • Like 2

I regularly listen to the Guardian Football Weekly podcast, it's good. But they have an occasional guest on who really grates on my nerves. He's called Lars Sivertsen. Speaks with an unusual accent, sort of a hybrid of generic Irish and West Country. He routinely sidetracks the conversation with drawn out, bland stories and anecdotes that he thinks are really interesting and funny. 

/rantover

Edited by maqroll
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

I regularly listen to the Guardian Football Weekly podcast, it's good. But they have an occasional guest on who really grates on my nerves. He's called Lars Sivertsen. Speaks with an unusual accent, sort of a hybrid of generic Irish and West Country. He routinely sidetracks the conversation with drawn out, bland stories and anecdotes that he thinks are really interesting and funny. 

/rantover

I know what you mean about his stories - and I find his laugh fairly annoying. On the accent, though, he’s Norwegian and (I think) is married to/partner of a woman from Ireland - so a fairly unique blend :D 

• Like 1

"Fletch" is just a professional lick-arse. Has no interest in any team outside of the top ones. And that's someone who doesn't usually believe in all that sort of "bias" nonsense.

Just a climber.

Â