Media and punditry

BOF

TNT on the whole is really poor, getting carried away with City beating our B team today and no real balance to their reporting.

I find it really mad, the lack of preparation or knowledge that these pundits have on whats happening at non big 6 clubs, it should be a pre-requisite.

Even the commentators seem less prepared, whatever about Martin Tyler and old school.commentators today, but at least they did their homework.

More football on tv = lower quality coverage.

• Like 1

Come on people, what do you expect. Unbiased commentary, fair down the middle analysis of the games? We played a big 6 club, of course they are going to beat the proverbial meat over them!

I got fed up moaning about it, when we play a sky 6 club (well any club lately as all the co commentators have been gash) just mute the volume. It's a shame sky/tnt don't offer no commentary like Amazon!

• Like 1

There was so much to get annoyed about last night, not least the amount they went on about Man City’s much changed side but barely mentioned ours, just that Watkins and McGinn would be a big miss. It’s almost like they don’t even know the Villa squad and who normally plays. 

I’m coming round to just ignoring the commentary, punditry and post match analysis now. It’s clearly designed to appeal to global fans of the ‘big six’, and really only those with a passing interest. There’s never any balance, and never any insightful analysis. It’s not designed for people like me, and like MOTD it’s basic as feck. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It wasn't so much the bias it was more the painting of what man city are doing as brilliant, they talked about them potentially being the first team to win the PL four times in a row, to win the treble two years in a row as some sort of incredible wonderful thing for the good of the PL, how amazing it was that a team could have such a strong bench 

They seem so out of touch with what the general opinion of what man city are doing is

And that's before you think about the cheating and the charges which they all refuse to even hint at let alone talk about 

They're a huge part of the PL sales pitch rather than calling a spade a spade 

What's the alternative? A whole load of editorialising about how damaging it is to the product they've paid for and want you to keep watching about how bad City are for it?

I think it's obvious why that would never ever happen, and I don't really think it's their job to provide it either. 

Lot of praise for City missing 4 players and beating us 4-1

This is why football journalism is broken, not an ounce of research done

Edited by Zatman

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Lot of praise for City missing 4 players and beating us 4-1

This is why football journalism is broken, not an ounce of research done

They barely seemed to notice in the pre-match buildup that we were missing half of our team.

They kept talking about our great form and beating City at home and how dangerous we were without once mentioning how depleted the lineup was.

It wasn't until the commentator mentioned it at the very start of the game that I realised anyone knew we were missing players!

I'm gonna add my piece, just listening to talksport now, praising Man City, they played without kdb and haaland ya know, an still walked over Villa, who in reality are a top 4 team, that's how good this Man City team is???

F*** me, as has been said, the football media is really broken, never mind us playing our second string team, they have even not mentioned Watkins or Martinez being out. Couldn't shut up about how much Watkins will be missed, before the game???

If I could be bothered to call in I would, although they would probably cut me off giving the home truths.

Drive time on talksport now, question "how do we get that performance out of Foden for England ".

Can someone phone in and tell them, get all the international teams to play there second string teams 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rashford brother has come out swinging against clowns Neville and Ferdinand as criticized his attitude but begging privately for exclusives

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Rashford brother has come out swinging against clowns Neville and Ferdinand as criticized his attitude but begging privately for exclusives

Same when his mom came out, wanting us to feel sorry for him, the hardship of having to travel the country for his football.

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Drive time on talksport now, question "how do we get that performance out of Foden for England ".

world-cup-england.gif

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Can someone phone in and tell them, get all the international teams to play there second string teams 😂

Foden has been absolutely electric and the majority of international teams we face don't have the caliber of players we put out against City.

Was watching the Lineker podcast and they praised Ange and Spurs for winning on Sunday and didn't praise Villa for not winning on Saturday.

They've got it in for us. Sky 6 n all that.

• Haha 1

On 07/04/2024 at 16:57, villa4europe said:

Andy Townsend gets so much work from sky's International coverage 

Sky don't actually have international coverage, the other games are produced by some other company and distributed worldwide.  Townsend must work for them.

Â