Media and punditry

BOF

Actually thought the MOTD coverage and analysis was pretty good tonighg, despite completely over looking Harry Maguire taking out McGinn on the halfway line preventing a counter attack that would be led to a shot on goal at least. 

Called have called OGS out a little for his post match sour grapes too. 

So on the BBC Football page I can see two articles relating to our game yesterday, both leading with a headline about OGS bitching about the penalty and offside. No mention of Villa in either.

Had to check through yesterday's scores to find the write up and even that was more about Man U being shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jono62 said:

I always hate Pearce for the way he tried to pronounce Spanish players. 

Wasn’t it him that started out as a commentator on channel 5 (uefa cup IIRC) and he used to mimic the Spanish commentators by screaming gooooooooooooooooooooooooal.

Total idiot, have never liked him.

Unless that wasn’t him and I’ve been doing him a disservice for the past 20 years! 

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Unless that wasn’t him

Pearce started out on Local London Radio commentary. I dunno if he went from there to channel5 or from there to the beeb. I guess you’re likely to be right about ch5, if you remember him from it.

I think Pearce is generally ok as a commentator,  but he can overdo stuff a bit.

Pearce was on Channel 5, that’s where I first heard of him. Not sure when I heard him on Robot Wars.

My recollection is that people initially quite liked him at the time, or at least he was considered a breath of fresh air compared to Motson et al. I think it was because he sounded more enthusiastic and more like a “normal” football supporter compared to the trainspotter-esque Motson or the articulate Barry Davies.

21 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Actually thought the MOTD coverage and analysis was pretty good tonighg, despite completely over looking Harry Maguire taking out McGinn on the halfway line preventing a counter attack that would be led to a shot on goal at least. 

Called have called OGS out a little for his post match sour grapes too. 

Media are generally awful at analysing a game where a big team has lost to a "lesser" side. They always skim over key moments and often turn a blind eye to awful refs. That idiot Danny Murphy said we were lucky! The only thing lucky about our win is that we won against a team of 12. 

• Like 1

Â