Media and punditry

BOF

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

Interesting that the media are going after Ronaldo over the allegations from the US. I think its strange why now and not for the last 7/8 years since the story has been out

Its like he got a free pass until he returned to England 

There was plenty of coverage at the time but it died down a bit because he's not British, he didn't live in Britain, and the alleged offence didn't happen here either. I'm not sure it's surprising that it gets a bit more attention here now that alleged rapist Cristiano Ronaldo lives here again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

There was plenty of coverage at the time but it died down a bit because he's not British, he didn't live in Britain, and the alleged offence didn't happen here either. I'm not sure it's surprising that it gets a bit more attention here now that alleged rapist Cristiano Ronaldo lives here again. 

He’ll fit right in in Manchester.

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The sky sports news Ronaldo coverage is nauseating 

Ridiculous. Huge player, deserves coverage, just calm the **** down.

So happy it wasn’t us first at least, although it’s not long until we play them and I don’t think they’ll have stopped.

• Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

Ridiculous. Huge player, deserves coverage, just calm the **** down.

So happy it wasn’t us first at least, although it’s not long until we play them and I don’t think they’ll have stopped.

They may as well call off every other fixture - they won’t bother mentioning them.

• Like 1

Lee Hendrie looking genuinely bizarre on Soccer Saturday. 

Seems to be wearing some claret and white curtains with a green waistcoat that looks too small. 

Dressed like some kind of eccentric lord of the manor in the style of the former Marquess of Bath. 

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Leeds vs Liverpool is apparently a famous old fixture and a hot rivalry according to the commentary, they didnt play until the 20s and had about a 20 year absensce without playing

They really are making up crap

Swedish TV did that as well. Complete bullshit.

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

Leeds vs Liverpool is apparently a famous old fixture and a hot rivalry according to the commentary, they didnt play until the 20s and had about a 20 year absensce without playing

They really are making up crap

The coverage of this match on MOTD 2 was just weird:-

I thought being the only game played - they may show extended highlights - instead they showed the usual 10 minutes - but the post match analysis went on for hours and often repeated itself

The Injury - unfortunate and speedy recovery to the young lad. But is there usually that much coverage \ focus - and TTA comments  "Hes in hospital surrounded  by his family  - our thoughts are with him"  made sound like he was close to death.

37 minutes ago, hippo said:

The coverage of this match on MOTD 2 was just weird:-

I thought being the only game played - they may show extended highlights - instead they showed the usual 10 minutes - but the post match analysis went on for hours and often repeated itself

The Injury - unfortunate and speedy recovery to the young lad. But is there usually that much coverage \ focus - and TTA comments  "Hes in hospital surrounded  by his family  - our thoughts are with him"  made sound like he was close to death.

Usual Neville wankathon too.

Leeds were gone for 20 years. They weren't missed. Nobody batted a eyelid. Clubs come and go.

Nobody missed us either. Not really.

Teams fighting for a title,  top 4 or battling relegation..."This is great and tense and all but I miss Villa."

It's absolute nonsense.

Edited by rodders0223

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Barca vs Bayern is on amazon prime tonight in Germany, usually its all on dazn 

the big game is usually not on Dazn, it was the same last season as some Dortmund games were available

Â