Media and punditry

BOF

All the usual media outlets now making up rumours about teams buying players in January. 

Most of the football media is just a cesspit now. 

Does anyone watch the repeats of “The Big Match (Revisited)” on ITV4? 

I don’t catch it all the time, but it has a real charm to it. The quality of the football isn’t always great, but I find myself kinda engrossed with what the outcome was when, for example, QPR played Burnley in 1975 (which I’ve just watched). 

Throw in Brian Moore hosting with a guest player from one of the featured games, inevitably dressed in a manner that suggests they’re sipping a pina colada when the camera’s not on them, it’s well worth a (re)watch.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Was going to start an annoying cliche thread but better to put it in here. Pundits describing a centre back (usually British) ad a Rolls-Royce player because they dont hoof it

Why it is only left footed players have 'a wand of a foot'

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

So now because Sky or BT didnt agree for United vs Newcastle to be on TV, now they want to remove the 3pm blackout because nobody can see Ronaldos debut

There's going to be some major demand for little rivers this weekend

Just televise every single game, and allow fans to purchase subscriptions for specific games.

Most will still go to games if possible. There is no way 3pm Villa vs Tottenham isn't a sell out even if the game is on TV. 

• Like 1

Interesting that the media are going after Ronaldo over the allegations from the US. I think its strange why now and not for the last 7/8 years since the story has been out

Its like he got a free pass until he returned to England 

Â