Media and punditry

BOF

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

So many complaints about SkyScum and their pundits, makes me wonder why you lot keep paying for it?

I don't pay them a thing, haven't had a TV package off them for about 8 years now, dabbled with Now TV and last year they did a £9 a month every PL game special, this year that same special is £30 a month... 

Not sure how or why I ended up watching the Neville thing, not even a fan of his, maybe thought he might do something on villa seeing as we beat utd and I missed the game so catching up on it all

No fines for the scum12 at all now, Zero millions to be spread across grass roots football now, can't wait to hear from Neville and Carragher, they were scathing of their own clubs and the despicable cash grab way they tried to screw our beautiful game.

I'm expecting them to really go to town on their own clubs and the other 10 now, go get them with both barrels lads.

Will they **** 

Hypocritical rocket polishers.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 2

On 26/09/2021 at 00:13, HanoiVillan said:

Regarding the MOTD commentary on our game:

Yeah this annoyed me.

It's exactly the same as them getting red face because someone concedes through Zonal Marking. Completely ignoring the thousands of times Zonal Marking works and the thousands of times teams concede using man marking.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Possibly because of all the live sport, just as a wild guess.

Can't be, the presenters all sound like bell-ends, would be very off-putting

:trollface:

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Gary Neville sky podcast where he breaks down all the weekends PL games... 

10 mins of arsenal vs spurs, 5 mins of man utd (literally no mention of us) 3 mins of Chelsea vs man City, 2 mins of Liverpool vs Brentford

Good old sky

I watched it after sky put it under the headline Gary neville discusses your teams weekend result

He didn't mention us once. In fact he didn't discuss the game once, all he talked about was Ole needing to build a team and a style, which is already discussed to death on every football panel show

• Like 1

Just now, Jimzk5 said:

I watched it after sky put it under the headline Gary neville discusses your teams weekend result

He didn't mention us once. In fact he didn't discuss the game once, all he talked about was Ole needing to build a team and a style, which is already discussed to death on every football panel show

Yeah he talked about the west ham game in the cup but not ours

Recorded MNF last night in the hope that we might see some focus on us and our great result.

They spoke at length about City (beating Chelsea), also for Arsenal (obvs, as Thierry was a guest alongside Carragher), then they shoehorned in 15 mins on the actual game they were showing.

After the game and after the interviews etc they switched back to reviewing the weekends action, they spent I think maybe 5 mins on United and how their substitutions had an impact on their marking on our corners and how that led ultimately to the goal, that was it.

Where is the integrity, it was only months ago Neville was getting on his soapbox about how the super duper league would kill football and as part of his various rants he mentioned how he accepted that he and the media were part of the problem - well fking do something about it then Neville.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

So many complaints about SkyScum and their pundits, makes me wonder why you lot keep paying for it?

I cancelled my sky subscription a few years back as I was fed up of their promotion work for the now Super League 6 teams. I have not missed it, and have saved myself a small fortune in the process.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He still hasnt scored since we were in the Championship. People on here moaning as usual because he chose Leeds over us apparently 😂

But the court case is over?

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Gabby telling Phillips to join a ‘big club’ on Instagram is pure cringe. He’s not funny in the slightest. 

Gabby is terrible,  how little he knows about us is shocking to , Cameron Archer was on their list of topics for talksport the other day and he didn’t even know where he was from when asked , he was asked a few more questions and he made me cringe with each answer bloke knows nothing about villa

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Gabby is terrible,  how little he knows about us is shocking to , Cameron Archer was on their list of topics for talksport the other day and he didn’t even know where he was from when asked , he was asked a few more questions and he made me cringe with each answer bloke knows nothing about villa

Pathetic really. He’s just a bloated troll, I wish the media would stop indulging him. His obsession with Leeds is just weird. 

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Gabby just goes on to wind up Arsenal, and Leeds fans. They call in, engage with social media content and station makes money. His rating go up, he's on more. Leeds are a big fan base to wind up. About villa he's generally completely clueless. 

Danny Mills does the same with us.

Just a way to keep themselves on the radio. 

Well, Gunners' supporter Jordan Jarrett-Bryan of Talksport and Guardian Football Weekly really seems to have thrown down the gauntlet this week in pretty unmistakable fashion. Any of you catch this?

Max Rushden: "I'm going to call it now, Jordan. Your [anti-]Villa pantomime is over now."
JJB: "It's never done, Max."
Rushden: "You can't keep it going now. You've got nothing to cling to."
Rushden goes on to praise Dean Smith and the club's development, but that doesn't slow down JJB's slagging us off.
JJB: "I'm just upset that these good times are happening to this group of supporters -- that's my only regret."
JJB then went on to trash Villa supporters as basically the worst in the Premier League if not the FA. There's never much of a basis for this given, which makes it all feel slightly absurdist.

Given the tongue-in-cheek, running-joke quality to the whole thing, I don't take it too seriously. I don't mind Jarrett-Bryan one bit. He's bringing us attention, and he does seem genuinely impressed with Villa --- just not us fans. At times, JJB's jIbes at Villa fans actually seem to flatter us a bit. Which seems better than indifference. I guess? 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Well, Gunners' supporter Jordan Jarrett-Bryan of Talksport and Guardian Football Weekly really seems to have thrown down the gauntlet this week in pretty unmistakable fashion. Any of you catch this?

Max Rushden: "I'm going to call it now, Jordan. Your [anti-]Villa pantomime is over now."
JJB: "It's never done, Max."
Rushden: "You can't keep it going now. You've got nothing to cling to."
Rushden goes on to praise Dean Smith and the club's development, but that doesn't slow down JJB's slagging us off.
JJB: "I'm just upset that these good times are happening to this group of supporters -- that's my only regret."
JJB then went on to trash Villa supporters as basically the worst in the Premier League if not the FA. There's never much of a basis for this given, which makes it all feel slightly absurdist.

Given the tongue-in-cheek, running-joke quality to the whole thing, I don't take it too seriously. I don't mind Jarrett-Bryan one bit. He's bringing us attention, and he does seem genuinely impressed with Villa --- just not us fans. At times, JJB's jIbes at Villa fans actually seem to flatter us a bit. Which seems better than indifference. I guess? 

Arsanal are just the start, manU on it now, we are confident and aggressive, progress isn't letting up, we're only going one way, if, no, when we become successful we will probably be hated by all, maybe, we do actually seem to do things the right way and with a little class. 

• Like 1

Â