Media and punditry

BOF

You'd struggle to find a bigger bunch of bellends than the people that get wheeled out as Villa men for pundit jobs wouldn't you? Collymore, Agbonlahor, Lescott, Hendrie, Merson.

Hardly a brain cell among the lot of them.

Dublin and Townsend will do!  

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

You'd struggle to find a bigger bunch of bellends than the people that get wheeled out as Villa men for pundit jobs wouldn't you? Collymore, Agbonlahor, Lescott, Hendrie, Merson.

Hardly a brain cell among the lot of them.

Dublin and Townsend will do!  

I think Hendrie is pretty good actually. 

I would like it,if when there is a sub the announcer tells you what the subs position is.When Villa make a sub I can follow that and know what we are doing but when the opposition make a sub I would like to know, are they bringing on an attacker,a defender or like for like.I dont know the opposition players so this info would be helpful in working out what the opposition are trying to do. 

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

I would like it,if when there is a sub the announcer tells you what the subs position is.When Villa make a sub I can follow that and know what we are doing but when the opposition make a sub I would like to know, are they bringing on an attacker,a defender or like for like.I dont know the opposition players so this info would be helpful in working out what the opposition are trying to do. 

You expect the commentators to know this? Madness.

On 27/08/2021 at 12:41, gwi1890 said:

All round good watch, but he talks about his time at Villa around 50min mark and the horrible bunch of unprofessional players we had at time 

I wonder who he's talking about here. We weren't quite the team that got relegated yet, and still had Benteke/Delph/Vlaar at the club when he was here. 6 or 7? Deary me. Some of them are in the media now? Hutton has to be one of them  :crylaugh: 

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I wonder who he's talking about here. We weren't quite the team that got relegated yet, and still had Benteke/Delph/Vlaar at the club when he was here. 6 or 7? Deary me. Some of them are in the media now? Hutton has to be one of them  :crylaugh: 

Gabby? 

1 hour ago, His Name Is Death said:

Screenshot-2021-08-28-at-19-47-03.png

They get paid for this.

I heard this on the radio and I absolutely could not understand this point at all. If he didn't "take one the team" then yes Liverpool would've scored (which they did anyway) but they'd have had 11 men and would've had more of a chance of winning?

There are *very* few scenarios where stopping a goal with your hands and getting sent off and giving away a penalty can be classed as "taking one for the team". Suarez in the World Cup is the only one that comes to mind because that was right at the end of the game I think.

45 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Gabby and N'Zogbia would be my two guesses, with Bacuna and Bennett probably in there.  Delph (reported fallout), Helenius (illness), Bent (bomb squad and media link), Herd (negative news stories) could all be part of that lot too. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I remember when he was so pissed off in training he actually joined in the game and showed a few of our players up ffs

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Delph is definitely one of them, Gabby is a no brainer. Bacuna, Zog, Guzan maybe since he became crap soon after. Was Tonev/Luna still here

14 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Gabby for sure 

Â