Media and punditry

BOF

Just now, Zatman said:

I have seen him a few times and he is really good, knowledgable as well. Think was Villa vs Arsenal he was doing

You can tell he watches a lot of football across Europe, so he speaks about players he's actually seen play, rather than notes from a crib sheet.

3 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Seems to properly challenge that idiot Richard Keys a lot too, who seems to have gone full-on 'Talk Sport' recently.

image.png.82e4224569d35127a7559d2d895eef29.png

• Haha 3

Does anyone on on VT have any technical expertise with televisions? I have a SAMSUNG QE55Q700TATXXU but I'm having some real technical issues with it.  I literally cannot find any football on it anywhere.  Can anyone assist please? Thanks. 

• Sad 1

Rudiger takes out De Bruyne  out of the final and not much is said

Sergio Ramos makes a similar awkward tackle with Salah and he is one of the worst humans in history who has studied judo to make such a devastating tackle

Dont change British media

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Sergio Ramos makes a similar awkward tackle with Salah and he is one of the worst humans in history who has studied judo to make such a devastating tackle

He just kind of obstructed him. It was an awkward injury. I seem to remember Ramos leaving a trailing leg on Salah. Also Ramos' reputation kind of precedes him.

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

Does anyone on on VT have any technical expertise with televisions? I have a SAMSUNG QE55Q700TATXXU but I'm having some real technical issues with it.  I literally cannot find any football on it anywhere.  Can anyone assist please? Thanks. 

Just keep watching this Sid, it'll be back one day........... enjoy

Funny Gif Morphing GIF by Cookingfunny

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He just kind of obstructed him. It was an awkward injury. I seem to remember Ramos leaving a trailing leg on Salah. Also Ramos' reputation kind of precedes him.

Maybe but some parts of the media were interviewing Judo black belts to study his technique and describe how he learned it

Hypocrisy for me as injuries will mean De Bruyne wont be fully fit for Euros like Salah at the World Cup 

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yep. Rudiger deliberately bodies him. It's really shameful how little criticism it got.

Not to mention the amount of diving too.

I possibly haven't seen enough replays of the Rudiger challenge to be completely sure, but it looks to me like it was accidental. The Ramos one was definitely deliberate. I think that's the difference for me. That said, it was a real pity to see DeBruyne have to leave the game, but hilarious to see Salah forced out, so swings and roundabouts really I suppose.

The great footballing legends of Jamie ohara and carton Cole destroying the England squad picked and saying lingaard deserved a place over grealish based on fitness but then saying Henderson needed to be picked as, ya know he's a player, pwoper* player

*deliberate typo, as talkshite only seem to employ people with Southern accents

17 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

The great footballing legends of Jamie ohara and carton Cole destroying the England squad picked and saying lingaard deserved a place over grealish based on fitness but then saying Henderson needed to be picked as, ya know he's a player, pwoper* player

*deliberate typo, as talkshite only seem to employ people with Southern accents

but what does the football guru Noel Whelan think 😛  

Edited by Zatman

My least favourite TV pundit at the moment is Ashley Cole.

I get that pundits are chosen because people know them and woudl rather listen to big names than intelligent analysis (by people I mean the majority)

but **** me. He's the least charismatic pundit I've ever seen. he's like a 5 year old in their first nativity in front of the camera. it's like a parody of a bad pundit. but it's real

• Like 1

He certainly isn't the sharpest knife in the draw and he doesn't have an extensive array of vocabulary for sure.

He's also a dour bastard. Thank God he became a millionaire footballer.

Aside from that he seems to have absolute nothing going for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

Just want to sing the praises of Dan Bardell on The Athletic’s England podcast.  He’s an absolutely fantastic host, really good at keeping the atmosphere good and the show moving along. I’d like to think he picks up some more work on the back of this. 

Yeah I like Dan a lot. Felt The Villa View lost something when Tom left, but Dan does a great job with hosting himself. 

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

Just want to sing the praises of Dan Bardell on The Athletic’s England podcast.  He’s an absolutely fantastic host, really good at keeping the atmosphere good and the show moving along. I’d like to think he picks up some more work on the back of this. 

Agreed, and my word he has to work hard on it. Gregg Evans is as stale a personality as you can get. Could put a glass eye to sleep.

when you see what else is out there (AFTV) you realise we could do a hell of a lot worse than the likes of dan, max stokes etc. enjoy watching all their stuff

On 07/06/2021 at 10:19, The_Rev said:

Can only add to this. I only realised how good he is when I started working with him. Its easy to criticise when you're not doing it yourself and watching/listening from afar but he's excellent at what he does and he's getting better and better. Deserves a full time role now.

• Like 2

Â