Media and punditry

BOF

Fascinating insight into the Austria North Macedonia game from ITV

Spoke about england for 40 minutes before saying Austria have never won a game at a tournament and Goran pandev wins his 120th cap today. 

Edited by Jimzk5

27 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Fascinating insight into the Austria North Macedonia game from ITV

Spoke about england for 40 minutes before saying Austria have never won a game at a tournament and Goran pandev wins his 120th cap today. 

Sounds like analysis before premier league games when us on any other team outside the top 6 play or the “big 6”

Edited by gwi1890

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

ITV have really pushed the boat hiring Pat Butcher as a studio pundit. 

haha, I was just saying they didn't trawl far to round up three cockney panellists.

Typical.

I loved how the commentators on ESPN for the England game were taking offence to Modric's comments on the English media and then spent the next 80 minutes vindicating everything he said.

Yeah guys that was totally an amazing finish from Sterling when he hit it straight at the keeper, and it was another English masterclass performance with their 2 shots on target, you're not embellishing things at all. 

agathaharknesswink.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, sne said:

I see the BBC are getting a lot of stick for broadcasting the feed after the Christian Eriksen accident and showing close up of him and his wife and so on.

The TV channel that had the broadcast in Sweden cut the game and showed an episode of the Swedish version of Come Dine With Me.

How about that for fingerspitzengefühl and tact. I mean what the actual f***?

German TV were showing it again today. disgraceful

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

Nigel De Jong showing up the other pundits including Sky football guru Gary Neville

I mentioned Nigel De Jong earlier in this thread, as he's a regular on BeIn Sports. 

Knows a lot about the game, and is articulate enough to express his opinions without rolling out the same old shit you hear from the usual mob. 

Good addition by ITV.

• Like 3

Thought Hal Robson-Kanu was pretty good on Wales match for a new pundit.

All the old regulars like Shearer/Hughes very average.

Gary Neville I think is usually OK but talks absolute toss about ManYoo and England. "The manager is England's best asset". That shite is just embarrassing Gary.

Also embarrassing, Eni Aluko. So glad she's nowhere near Villa any more.

Neither Micah Richards or Roy Keane are any good, but provide decent entertainment in their own way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The circle jerk before the England game was **** embarrassing. We all know what Linekar and Shearer did as players, but them using their platform to basically just toss themselves off at length about how great they were was very difficult to watch.

58 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Emma Hayes is fantastic though. Really shows up the usual lot.

She was very good. Loved that she ignored the commentators puns and just carried on talking about the match. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Thought Hal Robson-Kanu was pretty good on Wales match for a new pundit.

Gary Neville I think is usually OK but talks absolute toss about ManYoo and England. "The manager is England's best asset". That shite is just embarrassing Gary.

Also embarrassing, Eni Aluko. So glad she's nowhere near Villa any more.

Neither Micah Richards or Roy Keane are any good, but provide decent entertainment in their own way.

I think Neville is pretty rubbish actually. When he first started, he was good, but now he makes everything about Man United.

7 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

She was very good. Loved that she ignored the commentators puns and just carried on talking about the match. 

Matterface always does crap puns when he’s on, he’s the main commentator now for itv for the England games 😒

Â