Media and punditry

BOF

Stam is actually a great comparison.

The worst part for me is I don’t think it’s supposed to be provocative like TalkSport, I think they are genuinely having the conversation.

On the other hand, BBC had Welbeck and Bale as wingbacks in Garth Crooks’ team of the week. I’m absolutely convinced they do it on purpose for the outrage and Garth hasn’t had any involvement in it for 10 years.

13 hours ago, a m ole said:

On the other hand, BBC had Welbeck and Bale as wingbacks in Garth Crooks’ team of the week. I’m absolutely convinced they do it on purpose for the outrage and Garth hasn’t had any involvement in it for 10 years.

Correct. I've said before I think they know that nobody actually gives a shit about Garth's actual team of the week. The only time anybody ever talks about it is when he does something like the above.

Either he or the people who put it together know exactly what they're doing

Sky up to their usual tricks

Headline of glazers refuse to comment on super league 

Followed by a video of an absolute word removed of a "journalist" hounding a man as he walks down the street with a barrage of shit loaded questions 

Scumbags 

Ryan Taylor on sky sports news talking as much shite as Bruce. Must be a Northern thing

Liverpool wouldn't be where they are if fans were in the stadium. They wouldn't stand for it.

They'd be at it. Boots on. 110%. Up for the battle. Rolling their sleeves up.

Edited by rodders0223

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Ryan Taylor on sky sports news talking as much shite as Bruce. Must be a Northern thing

Liverpool wouldn't be where they are if fans were in the stadium. They wouldn't stand for it.

They'd be at it. Boots on. 110%. Up for the battle. Rolling their sleeves up.

Didn't he play for Bruce? 

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

I know we’re not supposed to like Troy Deeney but he’s a decent pundit knows his stuff and speaks well.

Only one of them to have a sly dig at super league, which was moved on quickly from by the presenter.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Only one of them to have a sly dig at super league, which was moved on quickly from by the presenter.

Yeah the man has morals 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Who’s the commentator in our game who always laughs at the other commentator not so funny jokes of mic terribly annoying 

Andy Hinchcliffe 

• Thanks 1

The commentator and Jermaine Jenas on MOTD. What a pair of b'lends.

Commentator just brushes aside the Greenwood handball as 'common sense' from the ref and says Watkins will 'hopefully learn from this'

Jenas goes in on Watkins and says he's glad he got a red as that needs to be clamped down on.

2 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Andy Hinchcliffe 

Did something happen during his career to make him absolutely loathe us? Every time he commentates on our games it's like he is willing the opposition to score. Genuinely want to know what the villa did to him in his mediocre playing career

4 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Commentator just brushes aside the Greenwood handball as 'common sense' from the ref and says Watkins will 'hopefully learn from this'

Jenas goes in on Watkins and says he's glad he got a red as that needs to be clamped down on.

Cannot understand how Jenas is paid to talk about football. Bang average as a player and never did anything in his career.

Also, his name is Jen-ass, not Jeen-us. He never once complained about being called Jen-ass during his early career. He then got a move to the prem, scored a goal and a commentator called him Jeen-us the Genius - he then suddenly started saying his name is Jeen-us, just so commentators would call him a genius. The fact he actually did this makes him a complete and utted word removed.***

***This may or may not have actually happened.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Did something happen during his career to make him absolutely loathe us? Every time he commentates on our games it's like he is willing the opposition to score. Genuinely want to know what the villa did to him in his mediocre playing career

Was a good player in the 90s, good left back for Everton and Sheff Weds. Pretty sure he's a Man. City fan so should've been willing us on today.

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Cannot understand how Jenas is paid to talk about football. Bang average as a player and never did anything in his career.

Also, his name is Jen-ass, not Jeen-us. He never once complained about being called Jen-ass during his early career. He then got a move to the prem, scored a goal and a commentator called him Jeen-us the Genius - he then suddenly started saying his name is Jeen-us, just so commentators would call him a genius. The fact he actually did this makes him a complete and utted word removed.***

***This may or may not have actually happened.

i think Jenas might have a point but for the fact that United have had about 50 more penalties than any other team this season. No mention of that or the fact watkins is not a diver

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, May-Z said:

In fairness Jenas Villa career ended when he got injured falling on an impossible to find sprinkler. He know a dive when he sees one

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

In fairness Jenas Villa career ended when he got injured falling on an impossible to find sprinkler. He know a dive when he sees one

This is one of my favourite myths going. People still believe he got injured by a sprinkler, based no nothing but an incorrect throwaway comment from a commentator

Â