Media and punditry

BOF

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Can only add to this. I only realised how good he is when I started working with him. Its easy to criticise when you're not doing it yourself and watching/listening from afar but he's excellent at what he does and he's getting better and better. Deserves a full time role now.

While we're on the subject of being really nice to each other, I thought the post-match you did with Dan towards the end of the season was excellent Omar. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it made me look at some of your other stuff too. Good stuff happening in the Villa pod/video space these days IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

One of the things I like about big summer tournaments is the Beeb and ITV have their studios with famous landmarks in the background.  I guess that will be missing this time round.

It's all green screen nowadays pal.

I'm guessing this tournament would never have a media village or temporary station or anything due to the different cities

You know the one that the organisers provide and the BBC don't use because they build their own using the TV tax... 

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

While we're on the subject of being really nice to each other, I thought the post-match you did with Dan towards the end of the season was excellent Omar. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it made me look at some of your other stuff too. Good stuff happening in the Villa pod/video space these days IMO.

Thank you mate. Yes it's brilliant and I like we can get some good punditry on Villa compared to the 3 minutes we get every 3 weeks on MOTD and the click bait stuff on Talksport.

• Like 1

Speaking of TV studios, I’m down in Wembley right now.  It appears to be a media day but there is a pundit studio right on Wembley Way, almost at the bottom of the steps to enter the stadium. It looks pretty cool tbh.  

C164A714-D24D-4F17-BF8D-7C3B66061F7F.jpeg

CDED75C9-051A-4338-AC27-6DFFFB6620AC.jpeg

711B2552-0E60-4C11-B6D0-99F6BA97CA0F.jpeg

14C267A4-0996-4627-B2DC-45F687B4A8FE.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Rio Ferdinand's summary of the match tonight....

"That will make people sit and stand up"

He’s bad enough when he’s on BT but now on the euro coverage with the BBC 🙄

What if you are in a wheelchair? 

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

German TV has 1 commentator, then inside the stadium they have a female presenter with bastien schweinsteiger, that's it, that's the whole presentation 

Its good quality too

You live in Germany?!

3 minutes ago, MCU said:

You live in Germany?!

Yeah have done for 2 years now 

Can just about understand most of a game, especially if I'm watching villa 

They don't put up with out refs, slate them every game 

Edited by villa4europe

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah have done for 2 years now 

Can just about understand most of a game, especially if I'm watching villa 

They don't put up with out refs, slate them every game 

You learning the language ? How’s the atmosphere over there with the euros… just as big as in England ? 

14 minutes ago, MCU said:

You learning the language ? How’s the atmosphere over there with the euros… just as big as in England ? 

Not really... I can understand it but not talk it because the grammar is too hard 

We're all in lockdown so hard to judge, not been in the office for a month, or ventured in to town, did try and organise a bbq with the in laws for the 6pm saturday night Portugal game "stick the TV outside" and they thought I was crazy, pubs require a negative test and you're only allowed outside, will find out Sunday if it's up to much 

They have all the usual promo guff, pringles, coke, kellogs et al doing competitions and haribo have national team special sweets, not seen any flags, did see a guy in a Germany shirt earlier and a few Italians, loads of us foreigners in Bonn, can imagine the Turkish community were out somewhere tonight, cologne would have been fun

Edit - germany play France 9pm here on Tuesday night, it's 32° in the day, if they don't hit the pubs for that then they never will 

Edit 2 - Ange changed the law yesterday and said that pubs can have the volume on for the games, when I watched the Austria match they had to mute the TV 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

On 07/06/2021 at 10:19, The_Rev said:

Just want to sing the praises of Dan Bardell on The Athletic’s England podcast.  He’s an absolutely fantastic host, really good at keeping the atmosphere good and the show moving along. I’d like to think he picks up some more work on the back of this. 

He saw this and posted on his Instagram 

As someone else pointed out, that’ll teach me not catching up on threads 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

Â