Media and punditry

BOF

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Not really... I can understand it but not talk it because the grammar is too hard 

We're all in lockdown so hard to judge, not been in the office for a month, or ventured in to town, did try and organise a bbq with the in laws for the 6pm saturday night Portugal game "stick the TV outside" and they thought I was crazy, pubs require a negative test and you're only allowed outside, will find out Sunday if it's up to much 

They have all the usual promo guff, pringles, coke, kellogs et al doing competitions and haribo have national team special sweets, not seen any flags, did see a guy in a Germany shirt earlier and a few Italians, loads of us foreigners in Bonn, can imagine the Turkish community were out somewhere tonight, cologne would have been fun

Edit - germany play France 9pm here on Tuesday night, it's 32° in the day, if they don't hit the pubs for that then they never will 

Edit 2 - Ange changed the law yesterday and said that pubs can have the volume on for the games, when I watched the Austria match they had to mute the TV 

This must really confuse and make them envious

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ocdcuefpztpk4we9nq

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

German TV has 1 commentator, then inside the stadium they have a female presenter with bastien schweinsteiger, that's it, that's the whole presentation 

Its good quality too

He had a fine jacket on at least 😂

I really appreciated that analysis of how the Swiss noticed Wales' man-on-the-post corner defence and adjusted to counter act it. Interesting.

Such a difference from someone just repeating "pace, power, desire" over and over again.

Didn’t think it could get worse after jenas last night but Robbie savage took it to another level, What is it with the BBC they have shit commentators, I was expecting phil neville to pop up on there coverage but luckily the mls are still playing 

Edited by rbcuk

Savage quite firmly aimed himself at the fan base that haven't watched a game of football since the world cup, which is the problem in general, they also target the lowest denominator which is the casual fan who is only there to watch their team 

Its bad enough in the PL and friendlies but tournament football takes it up a level

They might as well have plucked a fan out of the crowd to commentate 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Savage quite firmly aimed himself at the fan base that haven't watched a game of football since the world cup, which is the problem in general, they also target the lowest denominator which is the casual fan who is only there to watch their team 

Savage is the pundit for the masked dancer and x-factor generation. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Clinton Morrison criticizing Lukaku overall hold up play on BBC 😂😂

**** sake, how does this clown get air time, he’s bad enough on sky now the bbc have got him on 

I see the BBC are getting a lot of stick for broadcasting the feed after the Christian Eriksen accident and showing close up of him and his wife and so on.

The TV channel that had the broadcast in Sweden cut the game and showed an episode of the Swedish version of Come Dine With Me.

How about that for fingerspitzengefühl and tact. I mean what the actual f***?

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Clinton Morrison criticizing Lukaku overall hold up play on BBC 😂😂

Said before in this thread I think people see a big guy and expect great hold up play, that's not his game

Both goals was movement, one the ball dropped to him the other he ran on to a pass, bang, goal

He's a brick shithouse number 9 who plays like Michael Owen and it frazzles english people's minds because they think he should be good in the air and hold the ball up like shearer 

• Like 1

Robbie savage yesterday was an absolute joke even by his own meagre standards.

Not sure if anyone saw his piece in the pre-match build up but it turned surreal, had a random pop at Hughes which no one laughed at then started going on about his tan, it was like he was coming up off an E or something.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

I see the BBC are getting a lot of stick for broadcasting the feed after the Christian Eriksen accident and showing close up of him and his wife and so on.

The TV channel that had the broadcast in Sweden cut the game and showed an episode of the Swedish version of Come Dine With Me.

How about that for fingerspitzengefühl and tact. I mean what the actual f***?

ESPN is as well over here in the states. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

ITV have Ashley Cole and Emma Hayes on for the Austria game 

I have no problem with female pundits, Alex scott, Michelle Owen, Karen carney are good

This Emma Hayes though, not for me

Â