Media and punditry

BOF

16 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Best away to avoid all these shit-spouting know-nothings is to...not watch them.

Works for me.

And me, was surprised yesterday with the comments on how bad the pre game show was, I haven't watched that shit in 10+ years, switch it off at half time too

Watch highlights on YouTube 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I have heard it all know. Troy Deeney saying John McGinn is more important to Villa than Jack grealish. 

And yet people give his expertise valuable air time 

44 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I have heard it all know. Troy Deeney saying John McGinn is more important to Villa than Jack grealish. 

I was watching a Geoff Horsfield podcast, seemed like a top bloke but yes he also said McGinn was the better player out the two though this was last season.

I suppose it's because he pulls his socks up, doesn't wear yellow boots, is a short back and sides man and can put himself about.

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This is one of my favourite myths going. People still believe he got injured by a sprinkler, based no nothing but an incorrect throwaway comment from a commentator

I thought McLeish said it at the time thats how it happened

12 hours ago, PaulC said:

The idiot has just checked the stats and Jacks have been awful for the last 12 games, I'm sure Jacks stats will improve when he starts playing again, Deeney you dumbass.

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

I thought McLeish said it at the time thats how it happened

Nope. Jenas looked behind him because his achilles snapped. And ask anyone who has had that injury it feels like getting shot in your heel.

The commentator was wondering why he did that and mentioned the sprinkler and it seems to have gone down as folklore since then

• Like 1

Gary Neville team of the season an absolute joke, 4 United players 2 are certain but Rashford and Maguire along with Walker(no Cancelo) and Kante who wasn't really a regular until Tuchel came in. Carragher a lot more balanced and no Liverpool players to show his bias

Can see now why Valencia were quick to hire this genius from Sky

No cancelo in either of them is madness 

Other than that I would say you can get it right between the 2 teams though, stones or maguire I'm not sure who else there could be if I'm honest 

Still think Dias could / should win player of the year 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Gary Neville team of the season an absolute joke, 4 United players 2 are certain but Rashford and Maguire along with Walker(no Cancelo) and Kante who wasn't really a regular until Tuchel came in. Carragher a lot more balanced and no Liverpool players to show his bias

Yeah it's a weird team. I'll give him Shaw and Bruno but the rest don't deserve to be there. He didn't put Kante to be fair that was Carra. Neville put Gundo in there which is far more accurate.

I know CHelsea's defence has been great, but I'm not sure how anyone could come to the conclusion that Martinez WASN'T the best keeper this season

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I just find it daft that team of the season comes out before the season has even ended. 

Well, Van Dijk is called one of the best Liverpool defenders and he only played 2 full seasons for them.

Edited by Mic09

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I just find it daft that team of the season comes out before the season has even ended. 

See also picking man of the match increasingly early before the final whistle.

I seem to recall watching a Wolves game a month or two ago and the commentator named one of their defenders MOTM (might have been Saiss?) and he then scored an own goal?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

See also picking man of the match increasingly early before the final whistle.

I seem to recall watching a Wolves game a month or two ago and the commentator named one of their defenders MOTM (might have been Saiss?) and he then scored an own goal?

That's always been a bugbear and makes no sense. 

Garth Crooks again and his obsession with players moving to a handful of clubs.

Lets gloss over the fact he thinks Saka is better than Foden, the medias obsession with trying to move players is boring. Grealish, Kane, Martinez, Saka etc. Just GTFO Garth. 

Bukayo Saka: Regular readers will know what I think of this lad. If Manchester United or Liverpool don't get their hand in their pockets and buy him there is something seriously wrong with them.

Bukayo Saka has been outstanding for Arsenal all season. He was their only shining light against Villarreal on Thursday night and his performance against West Brom days later was devastating. Everybody is talking about Manchester City's Phil Foden, this lad is just as good if not better.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57064779

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Garth Crooks again and his obsession with players moving to a handful of clubs.

Lets gloss over the fact he thinks Saka is better than Foden, the medias obsession with trying to move players is boring. Grealish, Kane, Martinez, Saka etc. Just GTFO Garth. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57064779

Aye United, just poach a 19 year old English lad from Arsenal, the club he has been at since he was about 5 and where he is absolutely ripping it up.

No bother. Piece of piss.

Some of the articles about City today are bordering on satire. You would think they were a newly promoted team who just won the title by some miracle by working on a budget. Yes they are the best team in the league this season but they wont even hit 90 points and will be the lowest points total in 5 yesrs

• Like 2

The BBC is going to show this year's copa america. However it is basically at  the same time as the euros, and no doubt be on crappy bandwidth on the red button. Its the 5th tournament in 10 years.

It is a 10 team competition with 2 groups of 5- with 8 going through to the quarters. Its not just the Euros that are bloated nowadays.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â