Media and punditry

BOF

As Zatman said elsewhere spending that kind of money on kane and not Haaland would be madness

As for mbappe, I know he's running his contract down but he's still a £150m+ player and somewhere near £350k a week, Liverpool don't have the wage structure for that kind of move let alone the transfer budget, plus then it would also mean that the various deficiencies they have as a squad won't be fixed, it's a pipedream 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

As Zatman said elsewhere spending that kind of money on kane and not Haaland would be madness

As for mbappe, I know he's running his contract down but he's still a £150m+ player and somewhere near £350k a week, Liverpool don't have the wage structure for that kind of move let alone the transfer budget, plus then it would also mean that the various deficiencies they have as a squad won't be fixed, it's a pipedream 

If Bournemouth do come back up I'm sure they'll boost Liverpool's transfer budget by about £100m or so.

But yeah, Mbappe ain't going to Liverpool, even if they could afford it he wants top 1 or 2 club in the world. Not entirely sure which clubs that would be as Barca/Real are massively in debt but it isn't Liverpool. 

I don't think they'll be many massive transfers this summer. Clubs are still recovering from covid, the Euro's are a distraction, several big clubs have no money, others are well stocked squad wise (i.e. Bayern won't buy a starting striker this summer as Lewi is still good to go) and some clubs aren't competing enough for major trophies (Utd etc). 

Pish poor coverage on MOTD tonight. They bunched the first 3 fixtures of the teams chasing CL qualification and spent about 2 minutes analysing all of the games. Then spent more time on less relevant games. Villa just had they have had a good season and that was that. At least they didn't mention Grealish being sold for a change.

And please for the love of  McGrath can Lineker stop slapping his thighs. Beyond annoying surely he can be pensioned off soon. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Pish poor coverage on MOTD tonight. They bunched the first 3 fixtures of the teams chasing CL qualification and spent about 2 minutes analysing all of the games. Then spent more time on less relevant games. Villa just had they have had a good season and that was that. At least they didn't mention Grealish being sold for a change.

And please for the love of  McGrath can Lineker stop slapping his thighs. Beyond annoying surely he can be pensioned off soon. 

I absolutely HATE that coverage where they flit around from game to game as important moments happen.  Just show the frickin game for gods sake. 

I'm really going to miss not watching every game next season. 

Obviously I hope to be at all the home games, but  not looking forward to trying to find little rivers for the aways. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I'm really going to miss not watching every game next season. 

Obviously I hope to be at all the home games, but  not looking forward to trying to find little rivers for the aways. 

All games should be on Sky and BT sports to be fair pandemic or not 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I absolutely HATE that coverage where they flit around from game to game as important moments happen.  Just show the frickin game for gods sake. 

To be fair they've done that before for relegation battles and it worked really well.

But it was probably something that worked better when you didn't know the results. These days pretty much everyone knows the scores before MOTD so it doesn't work as well

Oh god, I hate myself so much.

I saw the following headline on the meaning evil website "Confirmed: Aston Villa seal 'tricky and explosive' transfer"

I knew, just knew it would be misleading but after some hesitation I clicked it anyway.

Turns out to be about some 13 year old kid signing for the academy.  Even by their standards that it so so low.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Oh god, I hate myself so much.

I saw the following headline on the meaning evil website "Confirmed: Aston Villa seal 'tricky and explosive' transfer"

I knew, just knew it would be misleading but after some hesitation I clicked it anyway.

Turns out to be about some 13 year old kid signing for the academy.  Even by their standards that it so so low.

I've tried and pretty much successfully managed to block any evening mail bollocks being on my twitter or Facebook, it starts with a headline like this

"Aston villa given green light to sign 'world class' striker in shock move"

Click the link and its a comment some one made on a YouTube video fleshed out over 6 paragraphs that means absolutely nothing

There was one the mirror put on facebook about javi gracia getting the sack at valencia last month, the headline read "savage valencia sack ex premier league boss with brutal 3 line statement"

The statement ended with we wish javi gracie all the best for the future.....

Click bait

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

I've tried and pretty much successfully managed to block any evening mail bollocks being on my twitter or Facebook, it starts with a headline like this

"Aston villa given green light to sign 'world class' striker in shock move"

Click the link and its a comment some one made on a YouTube video fleshed out over 6 paragraphs that means absolutely nothing

There was one the mirror put on facebook about javi gracia getting the sack at valencia last month, the headline read "savage valencia sack ex premier league boss with brutal 3 line statement"

The statement ended with we wish javi gracie all the best for the future.....

Click bait

Best one was last summer.

Something like "Villa sign European Ace D. Silva"

It was Diana Silva signing for the women's team

• Haha 2

surely the media can find a better City pundit than Joleon Lescott. Surely somebody like Sylvain Distin, Richard Dunne or Joey Barton would offer more credibility

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

surely the media can find a better City pundit than Joleon Lescott. Surely somebody like Sylvain Distin, Richard Dunne or Joey Barton would offer more credibility

Nigel De Jong is on BeIn Sports over here, and I think he's very good. Seems to properly challenge that idiot Richard Keys a lot too, who seems to have gone full-on 'Talk Sport' recently.

6 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Nigel De Jong is on BeIn Sports over here, and I think he's very good. Seems to properly challenge that idiot Richard Keys a lot too, who seems to have gone full-on 'Talk Sport' recently.

I have seen him a few times and he is really good, knowledgable as well. Think was Villa vs Arsenal he was doing

Â