Media and punditry

BOF

10 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The BBC is going to show this year's copa america. However it is basically at  the same time as the euros, and no doubt be on crappy bandwidth on the red button. Its the 5th tournament in 10 years.

It is a 10 team competition with 2 groups of 5- with 8 going through to the quarters. Its not just the Euros that are bloated nowadays.

different timezone though, most games are after midnight

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Argues and Colombia hosting and its split in to a North and a South section which is interesting, no additional countries there to make the numbers work either 

BBC at least have vickery 

Tim Vickery is an actual football expert, similar to Sid Lowe for example. Rather listen to them than wheeling out Micah Richards and Garth Crooks talking about international football

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Argues and Colombia hosting and its split in to a North and a South section which is interesting, no additional countries there to make the numbers work either

There's only 13 countries on the continent! (Though I guess they could have added some Caribbean islands)

58 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There's only 13 countries on the continent! (Though I guess they could have added some Caribbean islands)

only 10 in the confederation, they always have 2 guests. Qatar was supposed to join and I think USA

• Like 1

On 14/05/2021 at 12:33, The Fun Factory said:

The BBC is going to show this year's copa america. However it is basically at  the same time as the euros, and no doubt be on crappy bandwidth on the red button. Its the 5th tournament in 10 years.

It is a 10 team competition with 2 groups of 5- with 8 going through to the quarters. Its not just the Euros that are bloated nowadays.

I've always thought the Copa America was rubbish. Same as the African Nations. Euros is the best one continent championship, although that is bloating now, as you say. 

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've always thought the Copa America was rubbish. Same as the African Nations. Euros is the best one continent championship, although that is bloating now, as you say. 

The euros was the perfect competition, best of the lot

And they **** ruined it 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

I think both have there charms though both are usually played on poor pitches, Copa America is also played at around midnight so people can be tired when the games are on

Glenn Hoddle chose just 7 defenders and included Sam Johnstone, Coady and Antonio who has declared for Jamaica :D 

Joe Cole picked 3 Villa players

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1

Was sad to see that Liam Rosenior has taken a position at Derby. Thought he was a really good pundit. 

The Derby Rooney experiment is doomed.  Hope he gets what he wants out of the game but it's a shame I think. 

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Was sad to see that Liam Rosenior has taken a position at Derby. Thought he was a really good pundit. 

The Derby Rooney experiment is doomed.  Hope he gets what he wants out of the game but it's a shame I think. 

Very much so. Saw him on the sidelines last game of the season season and thought being a No.2 as it seemed, to Rooney. What the hell is he going to learn there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

He has been at Derby for a while, think was a youth coach before

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Chris Coleman is class.

Chris Coleman: “Watkins has done well to muscle past Wesley and become Villa’s number 9.”

The same Wesley who was already injured when we signed Watkins and didn’t return to action until about another 8 months after. Do some **** research before you get your rent-a-gob on tv.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Chris Coleman: “Watkins has done well to muscle past Wesley and become Villa’s number 9.”

The same Wesley who was already injured when we signed Watkins and didn’t return to action until about another 8 months after. Do some **** research before you get your rent-a-gob on tv.

Sure he got a few things wrong but I felt he said some positive things about us tonight, welcome change from Hinchcliffe thinking he could do better or pure desperation for the other team to get back into it, it was a welcome change from the usual moaning commentary 

• Like 1

Made me laugh when he said Kortney Hause has been amazing since he signed. He’s only played about a quarter of the games!

Edited by chappy

I can see many pundits are pushing the Kane to Man City narrative. I'll eat a hat if that happens. I also saw someone suggesting Mbappe to Liverpool. Some of these suggestions are ridiculous and Football Manager worthy.

I don't think Kane is a "pep" type of signing, nor that Man City will spend 80-100m on him, nor that he is good enough* for them.

If he's going anywhere, it Man Utd. 

*He is an excellent striker, but not at Lewandowski/Mbappe/Prime Aguero level.

Edited by Mic09

Â