Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

Have a feeling JB is going to be PL's cheaper version of Harewood. Purchased cheaply as a back up to fill out the squad, but gradually lowered down the pecking order when better quality is brought in and through.

Didn't he have a shocker one pre season game and hasn't really been seen around first team since?

At least Bowery has time to improve, we bought Harewood at 27...

Agreed, but think they'll play similar roles within the club ... The addition of Helenious, Tonev, Bacuna and the emergence of Jack G have pushed JB down the order in my eyes

• 5 weeks later...

Had to go back to page 4 to find this thread which says something.

Having watched him tonight I really wonder what he brings to the team, which begs the questions

Why hasn't he been loaned out?

Why hasn't he been sold on?

i cant see bowery making it long term here, or making a success anyway, he seems a promising kid fair enough, a strong player, however this isnt his league

maybe he was bought cheap to raise his profile, gain him some premier league experience then sell for more money? our bale i suppose? lol

• Like 1

He's clearly nowhere near PL level. I'd say it's a push whether he's even Championship level based on his showings so far

He's a striker that never looks like scoring, and basically offers bugger all else to make it worthwhile. Even Harewood scored goals!

I think someone once said in here that Bowery was a side-project for Lambert. Someone plucked from relative obscurity and pushed into the premier league. If he'd scored a hat-trick on his debut people would have been called PL a genius.

For me, he's not good enough for out squad yet. I still think he will score a few goals in this league however.

I think someone once said in here that Bowery was a side-project for Lambert. Someone plucked from relative obscurity and pushed into the premier league. If he'd scored a hat-trick on his debut people would have been called PL a genius.

Yes, and if Alex McLeish had won us the Champions League, so would he.

No fire or passion about him, doesn't put himself about despite being quite a big guy and no conviction in his play.

I could continue but I thik this embodies my opinion of him.

Was it he who played the god awful ball backwards last night to set up their third goal too?

Â