Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

I like his work ethic etc but I have to say, I've no idea what Project Bowery is all about. Got a feeling it's Lambert saying "hey look at me I can unearth unheard of league 2 players and turn them into PL players".

He offers very little in terms of creativity, he's a CF isn't it? So what's he doing on the wing ? He hasn't the pace to beat a PL FB and from what I can see he's not going to be whipping in many decent crosses.

I'd rather see natural wide players out wide.

Good luck to Bowery, I just don't get it.

Not saying in shape or form that Bowery is in the same league of quality as Thierry Henry but do you remember what position Wenger played Henry when he first went to Arsenal?

Lambert could be using the same policy with Bowery?

Much rather we use Fonz or any of our academy players than sign players like Bowery 

Fonz never gave it his all, or looked like he wanted to play. Bowery gives 100% all the time and plays for the shirt.

Just been reading a Blackpool forum and they are praising Delfouneso for his work rate which apparently has really improved and he "always works his socks off and is the last man of the pitch applauding the fans". That's a bit of change IMO and maybe that season in the Championship is doing him some good. They do say though that he is far from the finished article but he certainly has the ability to do well.

Regarding Bowery I like him. He's just taking his first steps in the Prem but he's got ability and being played out on the wing will stand him in good stead - he definitely has the build of a striker not a winger and that's where he will play in the future.

• Like 1

Agree with the lot that he's not a wide player. Think he could do a job up front as part of a 2 striker formation, but just doesn't offer enough attacking out wide. Would rather play Dawkins over him.

I like his work ethic etc but I have to say, I've no idea what Project Bowery is all about. Got a feeling it's Lambert saying "hey look at me I can unearth unheard of league 2 players and turn them into PL players".

He offers very little in terms of creativity, he's a CF isn't it? So what's he doing on the wing ? He hasn't the pace to beat a PL FB and from what I can see he's not going to be whipping in many decent crosses.

I'd rather see natural wide players out wide.

Good luck to Bowery, I just don't get it.

I don't understand his recent selection either. Only my opinion but it smacks of arrogance from Lambert. 

I see somthing in Bowery, there might be a potentially really good player in there.

Thats exactly what i said to people on saturday. His movement is quite good, finds space with ease, and he has good touch and vision. OK, hes struggled in games, but im guessing some of his knockers will be pretty pleased with him next term. ;)

I'm afraid he doesn't look like a premiere league player to me. Might be ok in the championship but should not be starting games. Would be very disappointed if he starts against sunderland.

What exactly did he do in a positive sense against Fulham. Did he create a goal scoring opportunity or have a shot on goal. Compare that with what agbonlahor brings to the table. The gap is massive.

Edited by PaulC

I The gap is massive.

It is, and your right, it shows and we are afterall talking about promise. He needs time and experience which Lambert is doing. It does not help when your fighting relegation, but Jordan and a few others will have learnt a lot this term. We will have a better idea just how much they have next term.

Edited by MagicMushroom

A manager/coaches job is to get the best out if talented players like the fonz. The fact that they prefer workhorses Is an indictment on their man management skills

And if continuous managers such as O'Neil,Houllier,KMAC,Mcleish and Lambert have already tried that and he still wont play to his potential we should still keep playing him regardless of whether we have other options ?

It doesn't make much sense im afraid, if he doesn't want to play or hasn't been fulfilling his potential we should drop him and even better than that send him elsewhere to get experience like we have done. Then review his situation when he comes back. I'd expect the same for any villa player as a fan.

Edited by kevangrealish

Â