Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

He scored 8 goals in 80 odd league 2 games. I'm no football manager but I find it truly bizarre that he gets regular Premier League games for us. Yet Fonz can't get a look in nor Burke who I'd rather see developed than Bowery . No offence to the guy but it just seems so pointless.

• Like 2

People miss the point in comparing Bowery to the youngsters. He hasn't got the ability that they have but he does have the physique and the streetwise experience of a lower league footballer, he has the know how and discipline to do his job and play against men.

• Like 1

Lambert rates him and when he comes on he puts himself about a bit. I have no idea if will ever come good and get a regular place, but at the moment he is another option in the squad. Lambert did not buy him from Chesterfield on his goal to game ratio. He bought the potential. For example Kevin Keegan played 141 times for Scunthorpe and scored 22 goals before his road to Liverpool, England, perms, and bad pop records.

i think weve had long enough to judge now and say that he was a pointless buy, ok maybe it was a cheeky punt but neverthless, a waste of time

nothing against the kid but his time on the pitch could be better spent by another youth who could develop into a premier league goal scorer, bowery just wont become this

i just hope for the sake financial benefit that the only reason why PL is playing him is to make a slight profit come janaury or summer, an 'earner' signing

He scored 8 goals in 80 odd league 2 games. I'm no football manager but I find it truly bizarre that he gets regular Premier League games for us. Yet Fonz can't get a look in nor Burke who I'd rather see developed than Bowery . No offence to the guy but it just seems so pointless.

I'm not surprised to see Morpheus liking this. Lol. How has he ever had "regular premier league games"!!!!??? He clearly hasn't. And yet, any time—every single time—I have seen Bowery come on or start I can see he is doing a job/role for the team that the players you compare him to are incapable of. It's so obvious that Lambert uses his ability (limited or whatever) to fill a hole in the team when injuries dictate we need him. Bowery has been effective enough without every being startling. He's had a few good games to be fair. Burke is a total unknown prospect. He's small and is a totally different player to Bowery. 

This website is full of silliness. 

• Like 1

This is a total non issue as far as I'm concerned. Same for Kozak. He's come in when Benteke's been injured and we've continued getting results as A TEAM!!!! That's what this SQUAD is achieving this season. Bowery is included in that in a very low cost way. 

I'm not surprised to see Morpheus liking this. Lol. How has he ever had "regular premier league games"!!!!??? He clearly hasn't. And yet, any time—every single time—I have seen Bowery come on or start I can see he is doing a job/role for the team that the players you compare him to are incapable of. It's so obvious that Lambert uses his ability (limited or whatever) to fill a hole in the team when injuries dictate we need him. Bowery has been effective enough without every being startling. He's had a few good games to be fair. Burke is a total unknown prospect. He's small and is a totally different player to Bowery. 

This website is full of silliness. 

Tell me 'praisedmambo' in your enlightened opinion do you feel that Bowery has been purchased as a wide player, utility player or to play in his normal position as a striker?  

Wonder what he's worth now he's got PL experience ? £1m ?

Less that what we paid for sure. All he's done is proven he's nowhere near good enough. He makes Heskey look like a natural born goalscorer

What a bunch of f'in whingers you lot are. He's had a handful of games and looks to me to give 100% every time he appears. Some here branded Benteke the new Balaban, so if Bowery is the new Heskey that will do for me - If PL sees something there that's good enough for me

• Like 1

Lol I see more in Bowery than I do in Kozak.

Bowery does a job when he comes on, PL obviously instructs the kid in what he wants him to do and he works his socks off to do it.

In this way Bowery makes perfect sense to me.Honestly if we had paid 7 million like the fee quoted for Kozak, then I would be questioning what he was doing out on the wing etc but Bowery was (as with most of our squad) a cheap buy. Kozak is the baffling one to me as from what I have seen he is very limited and we had much better in DB.

I get that some people want to see the Fonz given another go but let's face it he has got "it", as for Burke? he's not ready if what happened at Shrewsbury is anything to go by but hopefully his time will come.

In my opinion it's not any of the player's faults if they are limited or just not ready, nor do I blame PL or RL. I lay the blame for how the Premiership has turned out at those who run the league along with the greed of agents and players for the state of our game today. RL can't just throw his money endlessly into Villa without going bankrupt himself so the club has to pay for itself and currently the only way to get close to this is to buy potential and hope they come good.

Bowery is an example of this whether or not he can become a regular depends on 2 things, 1st is that he improves and makes a position his own or 2nd, Villa fail and are relegated to a level hat Bowery is capable of playing at. For all our sakes I hope it's the first and I think it will be but meanwhile we need to accept that we may be in for an uncomfortable period before we are at a level where we (the supporters) are happy again with our lot.

What a bunch of f'in whingers you lot are. He's had a handful of games and looks to me to give 100% every time he appears. Some here branded Benteke the new Balaban, so if Bowery is the new Heskey that will do for me - If PL sees something there that's good enough for me

Got to admire your blind faith in Lambert, emphasis on blind.We are a premier league club not a proving ground for waifs and strays,if he aint good enough he shoudnt be in the team.

hes not good enough.. at his age he really should be pressing for a spot by now. Our fans gave up quicker on Delfouneso who is younger and one of our own.

I think Delfouneso is better than him (although i dont think is good enough either).

I would rather see Grealish or Jordan Graham come off the bench in the next few months rather than Bowery. He doesnt offer much.

Lol I see more in Bowery than I do in Kozak.

Bowery does a job when he comes on, PL obviously instructs the kid in what he wants him to do and he works his socks off to do it.

In this way Bowery makes perfect sense to me.Honestly if we had paid 7 million like the fee quoted for Kozak, then I would be questioning what he was doing out on the wing etc but Bowery was (as with most of our squad) a cheap buy. Kozak is the baffling one to me as from what I have seen he is very limited and we had much better in DB.

I get that some people want to see the Fonz given another go but let's face it he has got "it", as for Burke? he's not ready if what happened at Shrewsbury is anything to go by but hopefully his time will come.

In my opinion it's not any of the player's faults if they are limited or just not ready, nor do I blame PL or RL. I lay the blame for how the Premiership has turned out at those who run the league along with the greed of agents and players for the state of our game today. RL can't just throw his money endlessly into Villa without going bankrupt himself so the club has to pay for itself and currently the only way to get close to this is to buy potential and hope they come good.

Bowery is an example of this whether or not he can become a regular depends on 2 things, 1st is that he improves and makes a position his own or 2nd, Villa fail and are relegated to a level hat Bowery is capable of playing at. For all our sakes I hope it's the first and I think it will be but meanwhile we need to accept that we may be in for an uncomfortable period before we are at a level where we (the supporters) are happy again with our lot.

I feel like i just read a 12 year old's book report on Villa's strikers other than Benteke. 

Brought in for chump change to be developed for the future, it's a simple as that. All these comments are just down right stupid. In 3 seasons time let's talk about him then. He'll get a few minutes here and there and the odd game as he develops. End of.

Â