Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

How old was Peter Withe when Cloughy made him a player?

Point is, people develop at different rates. You can never tell how they will turn out. It is at the end of the day what the manager/coaches sees at that present time. Moore bothers and Cahill are classic examples from Oniels era.

Dont forget we had Lescott and Sturridge at the club when youngsters and released. You just never know, and it does just come down to chance.

Edited by MagicMushroom

A manager/coaches job is to get the best out if talented players like the fonz. The fact that they prefer workhorses Is an indictment on their man management skills

What a total steamy pile of fresh dump.

How many chances has the lad had? and if he is so talented why is he at blackpool? surely they would have been cueing up to get him.

If you'd watched at all this season you would have notice this manager has a gift for nurturing young talent.

A manager/coaches job is to get the best out if talented players like the fonz. The fact that they prefer workhorses Is an indictment on their man management skills

How many chances has the lad had? and if he is so talented why is he at blackpool? surely they would have been cueing up to get him.

If you'd watched at all this season you would have notice this manager has a gift for nurturing young talent.

Thank you, he went backwards once Oneill left.  Just think he has a lot more talent than Bowery that's all.

Thank you, he went backwards once Oneill left.  Just think he has a lot more talent than Bowery that's all.

I don't think that we've seen enough of Bowery to make that judgement. What I have seen is that he has exactly the right attitude. Fonz has had numerous chances and not really grasped them - I'd love him to prove me wrong but sadly I see him ending up finding a home with a championship side

according to Wiki Fonz has 6 goals in 36 games. really not good enough. Id back Bowery to have a better record in CHampionship

Wasn't Bowery's record worse than that in League 1 last season?

Yes he had a strike rate of 1 in 10 in League 2

Quite appalling

I don't think that we've seen enough of Bowery to make that judgement. What I have seen is that he has exactly the right attitude. Fonz has had numerous chances and not really grasped them - I'd love him to prove me wrong but sadly I see him ending up finding a home with a championship side

Yes I agree its a little early to judge and I think he did ok against Stoke but made little impact in the Fulham game. I'm just not sure based on what I have seen so far he's done enough to be considered to for  the starting eleven. Surely we must have better options

I think Bannan should of played instead of Bowery vs Fulham. This was a Bannan type game and we didn't need the physical prescense of Bowery as we did at Stoke .

me too, we needed a bit more guile.

Fonz is a much better player for me and could do the job Bowery is better.

There are plenty of players like Bowery dotted round League 1 and 2. Stick him in Northampton's team and he wouldn't look out of place.

Happy to be proved wrong.

• Like 1

maybe bowery was bought for business?

buy cheap + develop + cost of wages/bonus's = sell for a tidy profit?

cant see him being a world beater and leading us to europe, but the kid certainly has something about him, unlike defouneso

Really pissed off that lambert played him on the wing v fulham. It's stupid management like this that is going to get us relegated.

In your opinion.

He was clearly filling in for Gabby's position to keep the team going in the winning system that has done us so well over the last few months. I don't think it is fair to label it as "stupid management"—that's a bit overblown for me. The fact is Gabby is an important player in our team, and when he doesn't play we miss him. It would be like Spurs playing without Bale (in a way—Bale is obviously on another level—you get what I'm saying anyway). So you seem to be blaming the fact we drew with Fulham on "stupid management" when if you look at it in another way you could say missing one of our key players affected us. 

Bowery has looked good every time I have seen him. He's nothing compared to Gabby but he adds more than Delfouneso, IMO. The fonz has had many chances. Bowery looks to have the right attitude. 

I just don't get how someone can be "really pissed off" about something like that. Even if you choose not to see the methodology behind it, it's gone, let it go! ^_^

Edited by praisedmambo

Â