Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

350k will buy you a nice semi in either solihull or Sutton or a 2004 Sunseeker. When you put it like that, Bowery looks an insane waste of money.

Look at others. 35m would revitalise a small African country, but we all know that football is a world apart in finances when compared to the real world. 350k is naff all in football terms and worth a punt. Doesn't look like it's going to work out, but nothing really lost.

For me Bowery was bought to be a project to come good in a few years, don't think he was expected to be near the first team, but for anyone saying he is stopping others playing, Lambert sees all the strikers daily and it's clearly Bowery that stands out more than anyone else. More worrying about our other youngsters than anything really

I've seen many players like Bowery come through the Villa ranks over the years only to be quickly sold and forgotten about when we've realised how poor they are. The fact that we went out and signed this kid is laughable. He's utterly out of his depth in the PL. It's signings like this the sum up Lerner in my opinion. He genuinely thinks we can compete on the cheap. He's completely deluded and inept as a chairman.

Kinda reminds me of this fella we once had. Both completely useless.

mubq.jpg

He wasn't useless in 89/90.

Totally different type of player though in fairness. He actually had one good season when we finished 2nd in 89/90. Those were the days lol!

Mind you he cost us 600k which would prob be about 8 million in todays money. Callaghan was the bigger flop out of the two signings Taylor made at that time.

Edited by PaulC

Every team takes cheap punts that don't work out. Don't imply that it's just us.

Sometimes those punts arent even cheap and they don't work out!

Bebe, biriam diouf, park chu young for united and arsenal.

He was bloody less than half a million. He probably won't make it. What is the issue!?

Every team takes cheap punts that don't work out. Don't imply that it's just us.

Sometimes those punts arent even cheap and they don't work out!

Bebe, biriam diouf, park chu young for united and arsenal.

He was bloody less than half a million. He probably won't make it. What is the issue!?

Let's be fair, Bebe wasn't exactly cheap lol! Certainly one of the worst signings in the history of the Premier League.

That's what I mean. He was a punt that didn't work out. And that was by the biggest club in the country.

I don't think Bowery will make it personally, but he has at least made a contribution to our survival last year with a couple of positive performances. Surely that in itself pays off the tiny fee we paid.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

That's what I mean. He was a punt that didn't work out. And that was by the biggest club in the country.

I don't think Bowery will make it personally, but he has at least made a contribution to our survival last year with a couple of positive performances. Surely that in itself pays off the tiny fee we paid.

Exactly, £350k is peanuts, this always was a low risk signing, how people can get so motivated to call it an 'insane' waste of money is beyond my comprehension. 

Â