Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

I see what you're saying but whilst I like JB's attitude and workrate , he's not ready to be playing PL games, especially must win games in a relegation scurmish .

But you could say that every time we've had players come in for another who has been injured—Herd, Lichaj—of course it weakens the team because they're not as good as the players who were injured. Bowery has been involved in goals when he has played and I don't think he's as bad as you're making out, imo. I also don't think he's Messi or Ronaldo. Fact is, we have a pretty decent first 11, but if any of them gets injured it goes downhill fast. We have to deal with it as best we can when we utilise the squad players. 

• 4 weeks later...

In Weimann's position he was very ordinary, not the kind of quality needed to move us forward from our lower Prem standard not even as backup. Hopefully he'll prove to be a useful as a back-up to Bemteke. I just can't see it.

With Lambert's talk about "Playing man's football" I wouldn't be surprised to see Bowery out on loan next season to a team who will give him vast game time.

I hope he doesn't start myself. I want us to pick our strongest possible X1 and that will be Bent in for Benteke and Lowton for Lichaj.

Edited by PaulC

Bowery has had 314 minutes game time this season.

Started 3 games, against West Ham, Stoke and Fulham, which gives him the record:

W 2

D 1

The starts have come against the more robust weaker Premier League teams.

Started 3 games, against West Ham, Stoke and Fulham, which gives him the record:

W 2

D 1

Con - Bowery also played (very well I might add) against Ipswich Town in the Fa Cup. He was totally anonymous though in the home games against West Ham & Fulham but apparently did okay against Stoke at the Britannia.

W 2

D 1

If only Lambert knew this information he could have played him in every game and we would be champions by now.

• 3 weeks later...

Overall I have been impressed with Bowery. He makes intelligent runs but, needs to start getting the timing of those runs right, as at present he seems to be getting in the right position either half a second too soon, or too late. This will change with experience. Of course it could also be changed on the training field.

walsall definitely, lets not help wolves, unless we could offer a minimal fee and bowery on loan for a season in exchange for hennessey... we need a back up keeper

Â