Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

He came on and did his job today. He's not a world beater but we didn't exactly sign him to make an immediate impact, he's very much a work in process. I think he'll get a goal this season with more games. He played just shy of 10 games last season I think, if he pushes on this season and plays around 15-20 it's progress. I'm trusting Lambert on this one as he clearly sees something in him.

He came on and did his job today. He's not a world beater but we didn't exactly sign him to make an immediate impact, he's very much a work in process. I think he'll get a goal this season with more games. He played just shy of 10 games last season I think, if he pushes on this season and plays around 15-20 it's progress. I'm trusting Lambert on this one as he clearly sees something in him.

How many minutes in those 10 games though?  I still haven't had a proper look at him.

This is why I don't get why he was loaned out. A few minutes off the bench here and there won't do his development any good at this stage of his career.

It is probably to do with Kozak not coming in until late. Lambert said he was working on that deal for a few months, if it had fell through we'd have needed Bowery for cover, especially with Gabby and Benteke being injured we would have had Weimann as our only senior striker.

This is why I don't get why he was loaned out. A few minutes off the bench here and there won't do his development any good at this stage of his career.

Usually you loan a youngster out to get experience but Bowery has already played over 80 games in the football league so he has experience he just needs maturity. No doubt Lambert thinks keeping him around the squad, developing with them and learning from the likes of Benteke and Agbonlahor in training is more advantageous at this point. Just my opinion that's what I think is the situation.

How many minutes in those 10 games though?  I still haven't had a proper look at him.

He played the full 90 against Stoke and I think against Fulham and played well especially against Stoke having a big hand in one of the goals and coming very close as well. His height and power was the reason for his inclusion and I think he does offer that which is a bit different to Weimann or Agbonlahor in that sense.

The others I think we substitute appearances. I think judging by his style of play he's going to be a bit of a late bloomer anyway, give him a couple of years and if he's not starting by then fair enough but I think writing him off now as a failure is unfair.

I don't think Lambert signed him to be an immediate success, in fact I think he was even quoted as Bowery being for the future.

Did exactly what was necessary today. He obviously isn't a starter but I think for the money we paid he has been an excellent addition to the squad. Games like Stoke (A) and West Ham (H) last season prove this.

He served his purpose today. He came on to hold out the draw for us. 

On another note - new song:

"If Bowery scores - we're on the pitch

If Bowery scores - we're on the pitch" 

Edited by KjParton

I can't believe this guy actually gets to play in the premier league.

I don't think the lad is that bad. He hasn't scored yet but he's had some solid performances and does his job whenever he's been brought in of what I've seen.

I find him utterly uninspiring. I was thinking earlier that I don't think I could name a worse player in our squad (bomb squad remnants aside). He's not hair-tearingly useless, but he just doesn't seem to have any flair or excitement about him at all.

Does anyone else think there is a worse player in our squad? I can see Bennett getting a few votes but tbh if we had to give one away I'd rather it were Bowery.

He wasn't even that good when he played for Chesterfield. I think it says it all that despite almost all of his games being 3/4 leagues below, his career goals per game is lower than Emile Heskey. Premier League? Not a **** chance. Chesterfield fans apparently thought he was alright, let them have him back.

Edited by Davkaus

Â