Rino8

22 minutes ago, Chindie said:

*shares in GlaxoSmithKline crash*

They'll be fine once they receive a big order of supplements from a Mr Edward John Frank Howe.

Edited by stewiek2

If it is Alonso then it seems a risk to me. He's doing well with Leverkusen but he doesn't have huge amounts of experience and hasn't won a trophy. I feel he needs a bit more time.

• Like 4

Overall this is good for us. Klopp was arguably the best manager in the world at getting more out of players than they have on paper. Liverpool aren’t a money bags club and him leaving makes it more likely that emery’s villa can displace them regardless of who they get to replace him 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Of course not - money is the single most important factor in league position nowadays - he's done a terrific job, but the thread seems to be full of people who think this is the end for Liverpool, which simply won't be the case.

They were s*** this time last year. Had that late rally but that only got them up to 5th on 67 points, we should exceed that points haul this season.

I think the problem is this, not just losing Klopp but Salah aswell in same summer who on the pitch is a very unique player with his style and productivity. Short of Mbappe randomly deciding he wants to play for Liverpool I think it's obvious they'll slip back next season and we should be in a nice position to capitalise on that if we can keep all our key men for another season and sign 1-2 top level players.

Reminds me of when Benitez went and they fell down the league for about three seasons.

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

If it is Alonso then it seems a risk to me. He's doing well with Leverkusen but he doesn't have huge amounts of experience and hasn't won a trophy. I feel he needs a bit more time.

It is but at the same time alonso feels prime to do the same 8 odd year run where they stand by him and let him have a build 

Or they get an older head in to go toe to toe with pep, still lose and face another rebuild in 3 years 

They, same as everyone else, might just need to face the reality of what Peps city are 

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I think it will be him though. He seems destined for the top. Plays clever football . Did Pep win anything before taking over Barca ?   As someone else said they would give him 2 or 3 years to get up to speed . Connection to the club,  will be respected by the players. 

4 hours ago, JPJCB said:

Overall this is good for us. Klopp was arguably the best manager in the world at getting more out of players than they have on paper. Liverpool aren’t a money bags club and him leaving makes it more likely that emery’s villa can displace them regardless of who they get to replace him 

That was from the inhalers more than tactics 😝

10 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think it will be him though. He seems destined for the top. Plays clever football . Did Pep win anything before taking over Barca ?   As someone else said they would give him 2 or 3 years to get up to speed . Connection to the club,  will be respected by the players. 

Plays a complete different system than Liverpool now. Would need a big rebuild including getting rid of players like Van Dijk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Plays a complete different system than Liverpool now. Would need a big rebuild including getting rid of players like Van Dijk

Van Diyk is 33 in the summer. I would think that they would have to start planning anyway. High press with the players Liverpool have will work . Narrow midfield will work i would think  . Its at the back as you say where things will need to change. 

6 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Surely it's obvious. The return of Rafa. It's the only appointment that they can get around. They'd need to widen the dugout for his refund girth though.

More chance of Houllier returning

16 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Van Diyk is 33 in the summer. I would think that they would have to start planning anyway. High press with the players Liverpool have will work . Narrow midfield will work i would think  . Its at the back as you say where things will need to change. 

Not sure he is the greatest defender ever according to Sky media. In comparison the average Maldini played til 41 then Van Dijk the defensive genius could probably play til 60

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wonder how it will effrct their sesson.  Two yearrs ago they came close to the quadruple and again this season they are top of the table, in the knock out Stages of the champions lesgue., final of the league Cup. Anybody that thinks they can replace Klopp and have the same type of success is deluded. Last season was a blip, it was the aftermath of going for the quadruple. This season they are back at it without being outstanding and they looked good without Salah the other day. 

8 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Pep at Barca is an anomaly and not very likely to happen again,  he was also helped by having the best player in the world surrounded by world class players. Liverpool won't have this.

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It is but at the same time alonso feels prime to do the same 8 odd year run where they stand by him and let him have a build 

Or they get an older head in to go toe to toe with pep, still lose and face another rebuild in 3 years 

They, same as everyone else, might just need to face the reality of what Peps city are 

The league is so competitive at the moment that if they get it wrong and he turns out to not as good as people think he is (Gerrard was hyped at one point) or does need a few year's to decelop then the run the risk of slipping back down to 6-8th place finishes and not getting regular Champions League football.

Is Alonso just flavour of the month with extra hype based off his reputation as a player?

If they do get Alonso then yeah it might work out, but it still feels like a risk based off what he has achieved so far. It feels more like a move Spurs would try then Liverpool as they have less to lose if it goes wrong.

It could easily be another Potter at Chelsea type situation. 

Not a single manager appointment in the world they could make that wouldn't be a risk when replacing Klopp who's been there for a decade. Obviously.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

What was worse was Jim White reaction to this Call. It was sickening, once the Haradon had finished. He was calling her a special person and a special supporter of a special club.🤮🤮🤮🤮

Â