Rino8

10 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

One of the trio of detestable arseholes, along with Guardiola and Arteta. 

Glad he is going.

Same here. I don't think Liverpool will be able to replace him with someone of the same caliber. Say what you will about him, he's one helluva manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Of course not - money is the single most important factor in league position nowadays - he's done a terrific job, but the thread seems to be full of people who think this is the end for Liverpool, which simply won't be the case.

It won't be the end, but they'll likely not be as consistently challenging for the title unless they get the hiring spot on.

Alonso is a decent shout, to be fair.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

It won't be the end, but they'll likely not be as consistently challenging for the title unless they get the hiring spot on.

Alonso is a decent shout, to be fair.

I dunno, Mbappe seems like a genuine possibility to replace Salah and Alonso is working miracles at Leverkusen, so if things fall into place, they could really push on.

It won't be easy, but as one of the biggest sporting brands in the world and with the income they generate, I feel predictions of their demise may be a slightly premature.

Still glad he is leaving though, the arrogant ****.

It pains me to say it, but I think Gerrard would be an almost perfect appointment. Who ever follows Klopp is onto a loser. Gerrard would undoubtedly be a catastrophe but he'd be gone in 6 months and they could get someone decent in who wouldn't have to deal with all the Klopp baggage.

I reckon he's announced it now to try and create the 'win it for Klopp' mentality.

As for successors, Alonso makes a lot of sense but could also see it being someone like De Zerbi.

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

I reckon he's announced it now to try and create the 'win it for Klopp' mentality.

As for successors, Alonso makes a lot of sense but could also see it being someone like De Zerbi.

Can they afford the £1 trillion that Brighton will no doubt demand?

Edited by stewiek2

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Can they afford the £1 trillion that Brighton will no doubt demand?

De Zerbi is overrated (in my opinion of course)

• Like 2

Whether you like him or not he's done a phenomenal job and is a phenomenal manager. Took over Liverpool when they had recently sold Sterling and Suarez, had a permanently crocked Sturridge, and were still playing Leiva in midfield, and he built a truly great team playing intensive, high press, awesome football. That 19-20 Liverpool side was so good, probably its only weakness being a lack of a clinical no9 (Firmino). 

He was a petulant little sod but that's often what makes managers great, Alex Ferguson was exactly the same.

He'll be a big loss for Liverpool.

Surely it's obvious. The return of Rafa. It's the only appointment that they can get around. They'd need to widen the dugout for his refund girth though.

14 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Whether you like him or not he's done a phenomenal job and is a phenomenal manager. Took over Liverpool when they had recently sold Sterling and Suarez, had a permanently crocked Sturridge, and were still playing Leiva in midfield, and he built a truly great team playing intensive, high press, awesome football. That 19-20 Liverpool side was so good, probably its only weakness being a lack of a clinical no9 (Firmino). 

He was a petulant little sod but that's often what makes managers great, Alex Ferguson was exactly the same.

He'll be a big loss for Liverpool.

At least the players will have a break from inhalers soon

Â