Rino8

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t think there are many players or coaches putting in 100%. Everyone just going through the motions up and down the league. It’s a very weird season.

Liverpools problems have been evident for a while. Their strikers don’t seem to like each other. Little tantrums here and there when subbed. Players snubbing Klopp. All is not well behind the scenes.

No crowds. The season started well but most games now  are really boring with few goals and little excitement

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Sorry, it’s where I work and surrounded by Man Utd and Liverpool fans who haven’t been further north than Exeter. 

Well South Devon is full of weirdo's... Unlike North Devon where I grew up... All our weirdo's have left Devon looking for work. 

It is predominantly fans of the major clubs down there (Argyle are the biggest club and they've never been top flight). My family are all Villa fans but no real connection to Birmingham, so it pushes a button when it looks like remote fans aren't as good. 

It's all good though bud. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

**** hilarious to me that they are struggling.

Got lucky last season that all the other big teams had really bad seasons and they took advantage.

League is tons better imo this season and they are where they should be.

I’m no fan, but they really didn’t get lucky. They were great for two seasons. They got over 90 points 2 yrs in a row. 

They weren’t the greatest team ever as the media portrayed but they were good and weren’t luck to win the league.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Well South Devon is full of weirdo's... Unlike North Devon where I grew up... All our weirdo's have left Devon looking for work. 

It is predominantly fans of the major clubs down there (Argyle are the biggest club and they've never been top flight). My family are all Villa fans but no real connection to Birmingham, so it pushes a button when it looks like remote fans aren't as good. 

It's all good though bud. 

Apologies if it came across that way. I know lots of remote fans of many different clubs down here but do find those supporting the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd particularly are really quite snooty about ‘lesser’ clubs and have no sense of humour. The rest seem like normal fans who like a bit of give and take when it comes to ‘banter’. 

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Apologies if it came across that way. I know lots of remote fans of many different clubs down here but do find those supporting the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd particularly are really quite snooty about ‘lesser’ clubs and have no sense of humour. The rest seem like normal fans who like a bit of give and take when it comes to ‘banter’. 

No worries mate, I know plenty of fans of the 'big 6 teams' (hate that phrase) and some have been known to swap clubs. Some of them are genuinely into the clubs though (you've got to be to out up with the 600 odd mile round trip to go to a game). 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I’d have a lot more respect for Liverpool and Utd fans if they were genuine about why they supported them ie “I support them because when I was growing up (80s/90s etc) they were the best side”. It’s superficial, but fair play you’ve followed them since. It’s the ones who come up with excuses that are really grating, and it’s normally those who belittle other clubs. I remember I met someone from Bristol once, and he was a Liverpool fan, when I asked why he supported Liverpool he said that it’s the nearest premier league club to him. Funnily enough when I pointed out that Birmingham is half the distance to Bristol than Liverpool is, he couldn’t give a response. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d have a lot more respect for Liverpool and Utd fans if they were genuine about why they supported them ie “I support them because when I was growing up (80s/90s etc) they were the best side”. It’s superficial, but fair play you’ve followed them since. It’s the ones who come up with excuses that are really grating, and it’s normally those who belittle other clubs. I remember I met someone from Bristol once, and he was a Liverpool fan, when I asked why he supported Liverpool he said that it’s the nearest premier league club to him. Funnily enough when I pointed out that Birmingham is half the distance to Bristol than Liverpool is, he couldn’t give a response. 

Every single London club is about half the distance that Liverpool is from Bristol :crylaugh:

It's very possible that the last placed surviving team (before a Sheffield United fan pops up, that would be us) finishes above the champions. We are 3 points behind with 2 games in hand, while also having to play them at Anfield which is less of a fortress and more of a bouncy castle these days.

If only there was some competition where he could have sent all his lads off for the weekend to recover and stop them dropping like flies with muscle injuries all over the gaff.

A not so important cup competition perhaps. One where you were facing a side putting out school kids and lads doing their 11 plus.

No. Unfortunate. It is the schedule and lack of 5 subs. Even though earlier in the season you were winning 3-0 and not making a sub.

• Like 3

Generally these “big teams” get their shit in order eventually and put a winning run together.

I’d love them to keep sliding but at some point they’ll smash someone and it’ll spark them into life. 
Who do they have next? 😢 

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

Generally these “big teams” get their shit in order eventually and put a winning run together.

I’d love them to keep sliding but at some point they’ll smash someone and it’ll spark them into life. 
Who do they have next? 😢 

Maybe, but to be fair it's not the last 6 home games - it's been a 1.5 season long pattern of a steady decline with no view of how things will turn around. They won last year, but as the season went on they were less and less convincing.

They will go on a run of 3 wins. But then they will lose to West Ham, draw away at Crystal Palace, win with Brighton, but lose against Southampton. In the meantime, they will get knocked out after drawing PSG in CL Quarters.

While it might be most entertaining for us, I can only assume that is not good enough for them.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Who do they have next? 😢 

Leipzig 😉

Then Wolves and Arsenal away.

Then us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Leipzig 😉

Then Wolves and Arsenal away.

Then us.

My bad, I was thinking about their next home league game. By then I’m sure they will have picked up some form (sadly).

• Like 1

Â