Rino8

Their title defence is over. 

They had a chance to take it forwards but Citeh already look a million miles ahead of them and Yanaated caught them up already. 

Would be hilarious if they failed to get top 4.

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Their title defence is over. 

They had a chance to take it forwards but Citeh already look a million miles ahead of them and Yanaated caught them up already. 

Would be hilarious if they failed to get top 4.

Thats it you think Fergie, José or even Pep be happy with one title. This was definitely a chance to dominate the league for next decade or so. City were in a bit of confusion, Chelsea too. United were all over the place and Spurs and Arsenal were being Spurs and Arsenal 

Just now, Zatman said:

Thats it you think Fergie, José or even Pep be happy with one title. This was definitely a chance to dominate the league for next decade or so. City were in a bit of confusion, Chelsea too. United were all over the place and Spurs and Arsenal were being Spurs and Arsenal 

They had two outstanding seasons 97 and 98 points, City have been the team that have dominated English football despite a dip last season. Now without Liverpool challenging them they have no competition. 

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

They had two outstanding seasons 97 and 98 points, City have been the team that have dominated English football despite a dip last season. Now without Liverpool challenging them they have no competition. 

Thats all well and good but doesn't change the fact. They were happy with one title which is small club syndrome and didnt want to bother getting better

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Thats all well and good but doesn't change the fact. They were happy with one title which is small club syndrome and didnt want to bother getting better

Yes and even I am thinking Klopp's excuses are wearing a bit thin. Complaining about the equaliser, when under the rules, was clearly onside is rediculous. He doesn't look as well as he used to, looks like the stress as really got to him. 

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Rumours of Klopp handing in his resignation , no idea if it’s true or not

I highly doubt it, although I dont see him being there much longer, I could see him walking away at the end of the season though

41 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I highly doubt it, although I dont see him being there much longer, I could see him walking away at the end of the season though

Its very similar to Dortmund. 

He has done well at Liverpool but this management style has a limited shelf life. Its only so long you can tell 100k a week players to run like maniacs. Tbe Van Dijk injury is just a huge excuse to cover rhe cracks, issues were there before 

• Like 1

losing Van Dijk wasn’t as big a deal as it has been made out to be, they let it completely destroy them mentally.

Granted he’s an unbelievable centre back but the victim mentality has almost manifested poor performances.

probably the same when Alisson was out actually, almost like they were making excuses before games were played.

Edited by a m ole

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

losing Van Dijk wasn’t as big a deal as it has been made out to be, they let it completely destroy them mentally.

Granted he’s an unbelievable centre back but the victim mentality has almost manifested poor performances.

To be fair, it's not just VVD. Their first choice CBs are both out for the season and their third is a sicknote. That's a huge part of the spine of the team that's in disarray. We've seen how much of a difference it's made for us this season now that we have a solid spine. I'm not necessarily defending (pun intended) the Scousers here, but imagine where we would be if we were playing most of our games with a CB pairing of Douglas Luiz & Hause/Engels...

7 minutes ago, a-k said:

To be fair, it's not just VVD. Their first choice CBs are both out for the season and their third is a sicknote. That's a huge part of the spine of the team that's in disarray. We've seen how much of a difference it's made for us this season now that we have a solid spine. I'm not necessarily defending (pun intended) the Scousers here, but imagine where we would be if we were playing most of our games with a CB pairing of Douglas Luiz & Hause/Engels...

i agree that the players missing are a big deal, but i’m suggesting their reaction to it has been as much of a hindrance. from how they treated their back ups, their recruitment, their expectations and so on.

I’m loving it though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Alot of rumours on social media that klopps resigned

Mostly debunked as crap I think.

Rumours are that Allison and Robertson had a fight in the dressing room at Leicester after the game (possibly true) and that Klopp did nothing to stop it (why would he, there would have been a dozen staff and twenty other players to do that) then he didn't travel back to Liverpool with the players (who don't all travel together anyway with Covid) and that he then resigned (which seems to have been stitched on for mischief).

He's having a hard time of it at the moment, he's not the most likeable, but I think we can give him a pass.

Leicesters official site and their "save the tears for another day" tweet was probably ill advised and more than a touch insensitive.

Â