Rino8

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

His job wont be in danger. Only man to challenge Peps dominance. One bad season isnt going to change anything. 

He probably has one of the safest jobs in the league but he needs to rebuild and I dont know if he has the appetite for it. He said he didnt want to do it again after he failed at Dortmund with a rebuild

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He probably has one of the safest jobs in the league but he needs to rebuild and I dont know if he has the appetite for it. He said he didnt want to do it again after he failed at Dortmund with a rebuild

Yes thats possible. 

Btw i dont think ive ever heard somebody moan sbout injuries than they have this season, almost like no other club has had an injury crisis before. Has been worse at Villa 

McLeish lost his goalkeeper, centre back, 2 forwards all for most of the season, never mind his captain then got a life threatening illness yet still got on with it

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Jurgen "happy guy, friendly hero of football" Klopp is refusing to release players for international duty this month 

Needs more context here though.

It's regarding quarantine and I'd fully agree with him. Here's a thought. No internationals for the rest of the season?

An even better thought; no internationals at all forever. Will accept a thrown together world cup with some arbitrary qualifiers but there is certainly no need to watch us beat San Marino 11-0 over the span of two years 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

To be honest it should’ve been scrapped during this pandemic especially pointless friendlies

We're playing 3 games again, 2 qualifiers and a pointless friendly

Its all about the money and contractual obligations 

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It is, however it is also about Macedonia, San Marino, Bulgaria et al playing international football. 

I know it's difficult for us to comprehend, but Leeds vs Burnley is not as important to majority of the football world as watching your national team in Belarus or Latvia face France or England.

I come from a 'smaller' footballing nation and trust me, it's all about the national team - that is considered the top of the football pyramid and brings a lot of national pride that is absent in English football. 

So while it might be 'pointless' for England to play Slovakia, it's very important for Slovakia to play England. 

the poland game is the pointless one, the qualifiers are what they are

its shoe horned in because their contract obligations to sponsors to x number of games per year and due to missing some international breaks they're playing catch up

england vs poland is about nike paying the FA, they will have picked poland specifically to get around travel bans, same as the games vs wales and ireland last year

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the poland game is the pointless one, the qualifiers are what they are

its shoe horned in because their contract obligations to sponsors to x number of games per year and due to missing some international breaks they're playing catch up

england vs poland is about nike paying the FA, they will have picked poland specifically to get around travel bans, same as the games vs wales and ireland last year

Isn't the Poland game a WC qualifier? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It is, however it is also about Macedonia, San Marino, Bulgaria et al playing international football. 

I know it's difficult for us to comprehend, but Leeds vs Burnley is not as important to majority of the football world as watching your national team in Belarus or Latvia face France or England.

I come from a 'smaller' footballing nation and trust me, it's all about the national team - that is considered the top of the football pyramid and brings a lot of national pride that is absent in English football. 

So while it might be 'pointless' for England to play Slovakia, it's very important for Slovakia to play England. 

Spot on mate.

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

worst home form in the league, think they went about 50 games unbeaten at home and not lost 5 in a row. Have just 1 point more than West Brom in the last 10 games

A strange situation. If they didn’t win the league last season Klopp would’ve been sacked for losing 5 home games in a row, first time in their history apparently. 

How much leeway do they give him, they at this rate could easily finish outside the top 10 which is a huge fall from grace. 

Â