Rino8

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's pretty consistent on this message, to be fair.  And it came after a 5-0 win.

I bet he didnt moan when in the Bundesliga all of the time, they played games on Friday night and so did Ligue 1 after the international break

Guy is just a **** crybaby

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I bet he didnt moan when in the Bundesliga all of the time, they played games on Friday night and so did Ligue 1 after the international break

Guy is just a **** crybaby

I don't know or care if he did.  He's just been consistent on the whole Saturday early kick offs thing.  It isn't like he's making excuses after his side just lost to Watford, they hammered them 5-0.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

James Milner getting rave reviews for a few of his appearances this year . About to turn 36.

A good solid 3 or 4 years and he could be on to break Gaz Baz's record

Contract is up at the end of the season - not sure he'll get another year at Liverpool, so it'll be interesting to see if he'll want to chance his arm somewhere or he'll call it a day.

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Look quite strong. 

They'll no doubt be there or therebouts for the title. 

They don't have the depth of quality that City and Chelsea have - I think it's a straight fight between those two for the title, Liverpool are outsiders with a chance, but I think they'll finish third and a bit off the top two.

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

10 goals conceded in the last 7 games. Huge problems at the back

They've conceded 6 goals in the league this season and scored 22.  

Huge problems at the back for **** sake :D 

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

They don't have the depth of quality that City and Chelsea have - I think it's a straight fight between those two for the title, Liverpool are outsiders with a chance, but I think they'll finish third and a bit off the top two.

Maybe, but they've played both Man City and Chelsea and are still the only unbeaten side in the league.

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Still double what Chelsea and City have conceded. 3 vs Brentford 2 vs City, Milan and Atletico

They are vulnerable at the back. Van Dijk all over the place for that Griezmann 2nd goal. 

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I wouldn't say huge problems but their defence isn't great. Not title winning great anyway. They're about average for the premier league statistically but they're overperforming (mainly due to Alisson) which puts them a bit further up for actual goals conceded.

Better than Chelsea though who continue to get bailed out by Mendy.

Man City are absolutely miles ahead of everyone

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I wouldn't say huge problems but their defence isn't great. Not title winning great anyway. They're about average for the premier league statistically but they're overperforming (mainly due to Alisson) which puts them a bit further up for actual goals conceded.

Better than Chelsea though who continue to get bailed out by Mendy.

Man City are absolutely miles ahead of everyone

Liverpool have conceded 6 in 8.  Over the course of a season, that ratio would mean they concede 29 goals in 38 games.

Title winning Man City conceded 32 in 38 last season.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Liverpool have conceded 6 in 8.  Over the course of a season, that ratio would mean they concede 29 goals in 38 games.

Title winning Man City conceded 32 in 38 last season.

Correct.

But like I said they're overperforming. They're conceding lots of big chances and lots of xG (relatively speaking for title challenges). Twice as much as Man City for example.

Which is obviously fine if they continue to overperform. But teams usually don't. They regress to the mean, which at the moment isn't good enough to win the title, imo

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Correct.

But like I said they're overperforming. They're conceding lots of big chances and lots of xG (relatively speaking for title challenges). Twice as much as Man City for example.

Which is obviously fine if they continue to overperform. But teams usually don't. They regress to the mean, which at the moment isn't good enough to win the title, imo

I mean, they have the third best xGA in the league (behind Man City and Brentford) whilst, at the same time, having the highest xG.  They "should have" conceded 8 and have conceded 6.  Man City "should have" conceded 4 and have conceded 3.  Chelsea "should have" conceded 10 and have conceded 3.  Liverpool are absolutely good enough to win the title with these current figures - it just happens that Man City are a better side and will be favourites.

From the initial point, to class Liverpool as having "huge problems at the back" is absurd.

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I mean, they have the third best xGA in the league (behind Man City and Brentford) whilst, at the same time, having the highest xG.  They "should have" conceded 8 and have conceded 6.  Man City "should have" conceded 4 and have conceded 3.  Chelsea "should have" conceded 10 and have conceded 3.  Liverpool are absolutely good enough to win the title with these current figures - it just happens that Man City are a better side and will be favourites.

I haven't looked at the figures after the most recent round of matches but last week they were 9th in terms of xGA. Their xGA would average to around 46 goals in a season which I'd argue probably isn't good enough to win the league, but obviously it's possible.

I agree "huge problems" is a massive exaggeration. I was just making the point that statistically they weren't performing like title winners defensively. If that's massively improved over the last week then fair enough

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I haven't looked at the figures after the most recent round of matches but last week they were 9th in terms of xGA. Their xGA would average to around 46 goals in a season which I'd argue probably isn't good enough to win the league, but obviously it's possible.

I agree "huge problems" is a massive exaggeration. I was just making the point that statistically they weren't performing like title winners defensively. If that's massively improved over the last week then fair enough

FWIW I was looking at this:

https://understat.com/league/Premier League

Â