Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

If he is out for a while then we need Mr Dunne back.

As well as the makeshift defence did yesterday they had a combined aged of about 10 and I would be very worried about the lack of leadership over a stretch of games.

How long are people normally out with calf strains? would quite like him back for the QPR game to feel a little more comfortable, but don't want him rushed back as i feel we'll need him much more badly against Stoke

I've been told that a grade 1 calf strain takes 7-10 days to heal fully. I presume this is what he's got as he wasn't limping terribly. Grade 2 takes 6 weeks or more and grade 3 (litterally tear in the calf muscle) takes 3-4 months.

Not sure I agree. Baker looked ok second half when he'd calmed down. But first half especially he looked nervous and shaky.

Hopefully that'll disappear when he's more confident, but I wasn't comfortable yesterday

• 3 weeks later...

any news on ho Ron's injury is clearing up, hoped he'd be back by now. As things stand think he'd be best starting on the bench as he might have lost a bit of match fitness but once he's fully back up to fitness think he should replace Herd. No slight on Herdy though, he's been great but just think Ron, Clark and Baker could be a great back three if we intend to stick with that formation, it seems to be working at the mo.

any news on ho Ron's injury is clearing up, hoped he'd be back by now. As things stand think he'd be best starting on the bench as he might have lost a bit of match fitness but once he's fully back up to fitness think he should replace Herd. No slight on Herdy though, he's been great but just think Ron, Clark and Baker could be a great back three if we intend to stick with that formation, it seems to be working at the mo.

I love Concrete Ron, but I don't agree that he should just come back into the side.

In his absence, we've only conceded 3 in 5 games, and I think all the CB's have played well.

I don't think Lambert plays favourites, which Is a good thing!

If Ron is to proceed as club captain I think we'll find he will be straight back in.

Good point about him being captain.

I just don't think that Lambert would drop one of Clark, Baker or Herd 'unfairly'.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I hope that Herd keeps his place (and Clark and Baker for that matter). I don't think it sends out a good message to have players who will walk into the side regardless. To have a fit Vlaar on the bench will only focus the three academy players' minds even more on keeping their places. Apart from perhaps Herd getting caught out on Saturday - they've done nothing to get dropped, and that result will have spurred them on even more.

Was really pissed off with McLeish when he dropped Guzan last season just because Given was fit again. I don't think we have any players that are good enough to play regardless - perhaps Benteke, but no one else.

Herd has done very well - but he isnt a CB. Vlaar (our captain) walks striaght into the team for me.

This 3 at the back will suit him as out of all of them he is the most comfortable on the ball.

For me herd suits the back three very well, h has that added energy to comfortably step forward when we have possession, but also cover the full back position when required...

No player has a define right to be in the side, that includes the captain.. Vlaar was decent when played but it would be unfair for him to step straight back in when in his absence players have done well.. Vlaar seems the type to know that, knuckle down in training ad wait for his chance, then grab it with both hands..without naming names and trying to turn the thread off topic, we were annoyed when a certain previous never rotated/dropped his captain even when he was exhausted..

Vlaar will know there are many games to come and that he will get into the side again

Â