Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

tbh, i do think he needs somebody of similar quality next to him, clark is just a kid and dunnes legs arent what they used to be, although i do still rate him, id love to see someone like robert huth or heitinga next to vlaar, but i know that wont ever happen :(

I think its really difficult to judge Vlaar so far on the fact that he is babysitting in defence. the rest of the defence including goalkeeper probably havent played 100 top flight games between them.

He did look better with Baker and even Herd than he did with Clark but I think Dunne needs to come back quickly

Ron Vlaar m'lord....

As I've said he's improving. Thought he looked dodgy first couple of games but certainly progress from the Fulham game.

It's not even as if we've been that bad defensively in the games since Everton aside from the second half at Southampton. Not too bad when he's with a bunch of kids alongside him in a new league.

Slight improvment on collins but not cueller...

And certinly not worthy of Gods chant...

Cuellar? He was a likable character but never actually that good for us - certainly not as good as Vlaar.

Vlaar's limitation however is his aerial ability - he's not going to ever be in the Laursen category because he isn't that much of an aerial force, his groundwork and reading of the game is very good though.

I've no problems; Guzan, Vlaar and whoever he's been partnered with Clark/Baker/Herd/Lowton have looked the strongest area for me, even in the Southampton and Everton (Not Guzan there obviously) games they didn't get enough support from their team-mates, it wasn't that they were poor, for me. Even with Lambert and Fellani giving them a hard time.

But not a very good player, would cost a shitload because he's English and playing at Spurs, would command huge wages because of the same reasons.

And isn't much of an improvement on Dunne if you ask me.

I'd much prefer Lambert to raid another foreing club for another Ron Vlaar to be honest.

Â