Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I was disappointed with Vlaar today. As captain, he should have done more to instill confidence in the lads after the equaliser. Instead, with seemingly no leadership on the pitch, our whole team collapsed in front of our eyes.

I like Ron, and think he is an improvement on Dunne & Collins. But he does seem prone to the odd mistake.

I was disappointed with Vlaar today. As captain, he should have done more to instill confidence in the lads after the equaliser. Instead, with seemingly no leadership on the pitch, our whole team collapsed in front of our eyes.

I like Ron, and think he is an improvement on Dunne & Collins. But he does seem prone to the odd mistake.

as Tony adams eloquently explained on " Goals on sunday" He was explaining how wenger suggested a one on one in training with "Thierry Henry" to address some defensive issues.... Adams said "are you trying to kill me"....Adams was trying to explain the virtues/ prowess of the defensive UNIT as opposed to man to man performance.

I think Ron Vlaar yesterday was exposed somewhat and when that happens it can have a direct effect on an individuals performance.

sometimes when you are in a position like us the slightest thing can have big effect....its all to do with growing and developing.

I saw Ron Vlaar outmuscled yesterday by Lambert.

I wasn't expecting that.

yea, thats disappointing, i must admit , but sometimes it can look like that from indecision.

When the UNIT performs the strength is in more evidence.

Loved when he looked down on Dyer. Epic. "THIS IS MY HOUSE!"

personally - taking all villa bias out of it - i thought it made him look a right knob..... he wouldnt have dont that to Duncan Ferguson

I bet he would, you know.

I dont think he would............

What you yapping about? Made him look like a knob? Dyer had just gone over very, very easily. What do you want him to do? Just ignore it.

where was he when got bullied to **** by sideshow bob from everton....... i think were all vastly overrating him here cos he shouts n beats his chest......

He was one of the only players on our team who performed well against Everton.

hahaha - oh dear

whos' "HOUSE" was he in on saturday then..... oh yeah, Lamberts !!

Didnt see him standing over him and giving it the Barry McGuigan.........

Him and Clark - overratin'ell

• 2 weeks later...
Aston Villa skipper Ron Vlaar believes that they need to start showing more consistency.

Villa have endured a tough start to the season under new boss Paul Lambert - indeed it is their worst ever beginning to a Premier League campaign.

They have won just one of their first six games in the league, and have lost half their matches.

"The most important thing is consistency and we haven't shown that," he said.

"We produced a really good team display against Swansea and we should have won more than 2-0.

"At Southampton, unfortunately, it all went wrong after Darren Bent had given us the lead. With a young team like ours, you know you're going to have ups and downs, and we know we have to be more consistent."

Vlaar has recently been made captain and the Dutchman insists that although it was not a target of his when joining the club, he is happy to take the armband.

"It wasn't something that was on my mind when I joined Villa but I'm always looking to improve my game and I enjoy the responsibility of being captain," he said.

"It's a great honour to have been appointed captain."

http://tinyurl.com/9yy5ev8

I dont know how great it is to have a captain that has barely been here for a few months. Although who else would get it? The next best option would be Guzan in my opinion. He has been here for so long and waited for his time. Great team guy.

I dont know how great it is to have a captain that has barely been here for a few months. Although who else would get it? The next best option would be Guzan in my opinion. He has been here for so long and waited for his time. Great team guy.

Captain should always be an outfield player imo - we are a new team and Ron was the captain at his last side who were challenging. Great choice for me.

I have a feeling (if not already mentioned in the last 55 pages) that Vlaar could possibly potentially be as good to fit in the Fab 4 hall of fame alongside, McGrath, Mellberg & Laursen.

Already becoming captain and wearing No.4 has got the ball rolling for him imo.

Â