Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

• 4 weeks later...

After a dodgy start he seems to be getting to grips with the league imo, thought he was good at Fulham and played well in the second half today.

Coinedence he's looked better since Clark's been missing? This is not a good time for Dunne to be injured, we could do with another experience head in there amongst all the YTS lads.

And? He played well today.

Well, he was one of the better ones but that wasnt hard. An 8 suggests he was very good which he definately wasnt. From what I have read - ridiculusly overated by villa fans. Always seems to happen when we get a foreign cb who says the right things in the media and who is half decent.

Every signing was overrated because it was Lambert who signed them and he'd replaced mcleish.

Westwood was claimed to be a great signing and so far one awful sub appearance and nothing else.

Bennett was claimed to be an improvement on warnock before he'd ever played a game for us soley because he was young and signed by lambert.

Vlaar has done a decent job but like i said i don't see the big improvement on collins or dunne in him.

Every signing was overrated because it was Lambert who signed them and he'd replaced mcleish.

Westwood was claimed to be a great signing and so far one awful sub appearance and nothing else.

Bennett was claimed to be an improvement on warnock before he'd ever played a game for us soley because he was young and signed by lambert.

Vlaar has done a decent job but like i said i don't see the big improvement on collins or dunne in him.

I'm with you on that. He looks competent which is more than you can say for most of the rest of the squad, but he's lucky he's got a funny nickname and a surname that rhymes with McGrath. How crap must Westwood be if he can't get in ahead of Delph?

If we could get Dunne back to fitness along side him then I think we would improve massively at the back. The two CBs could talk the young fullbacks through the game. Having 3 youth players back there and just Vlaar as the only experienced professional we really are all over the place at the back at times, Bennett got sent off yesterday and Herd should have been as well.

Â