Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Id leave vlaar out, If it aint broke dont fix it. liverpool played well in the first 20 mins but Liverpool had been creatimg lots of chances in their previous few games. I like herd baker clark and lichaj, they have played lots together over the years at youth and reserve level and seem to understand each other well. I think we have looked better at the back with this formation and this group of defenders

After a dodgy start, Concrete was playing very well before the injury imo.

He was really good at Fulham and Sunderland and stood up to be counted against Norwich when we were down to 10. The stats are slightly misleading as we played two of the Manchester clubs just before he got injured so score mountains of goals against every team in the league. And two of those at City were penalites. We were comfortably keeping a clean sheet against Arsenal before he came off injured.

If he's fit enough for this weekend, I'd probably leave him on the bench. If we ship a few, then I'd start him against Spurs. We will need rotation over the xmas games anyway.

After a dodgy start, Concrete was playing very well before the injury imo.

He was really good at Fulham and Sunderland and stood up to be counted against Norwich when we were down to 10. The stats are slightly misleading as we played two of the Manchester clubs just before he got injured so score mountains of goals against every team in the league. And two of those at City were penalites. We were comfortably keeping a clean sheet against Arsenal before he came off injured.

If he's fit enough for this weekend, I'd probably leave him on the bench. If we ship a few, then I'd start him against Spurs. We will need rotation over the xmas games anyway.

I think it would be unfair on herd, baker or clark to get dropped now

I think Clark could play the Herd role if indeed Herd has been assigned a different role within the defence, slot Vlaar in alongside Baker and that's two massive and committed bastards for opposition to get through

I agree, I think, although Lambert is picking on form and not favourites, and Herd as played well if not amazingly. Maybe after a substitute appearance from Vlaar to start things off, the back three will become Vlaar next to Baker with Clark playing the role Herd has been doing.

When he is fit he is straight in the team for me. No doubt. He is our captain and leader.

A back three of Vlaar, Clark and Baker sounds solid to me.

it might well be vlaar, herd and clark though. i think part of our system is that herd does a lot of his work in front of the other two as a defensive midfielder. although clark has played in midfield so could be vlaar, clark and baker, with clark going in front and we benefit from how decent baker is playing left side.

Â