Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Hope the club leave him to fade away and not let him use us. Bye Ron

why?

I really do not understand the treatment he gets here. He was, by far, the most complete cb at the club. Yes, he has had mistakes, and yes he is injury prone. He is also a solid international defender, who we could, possibly, sign for free. On his day he was unplayable, e.g against Chelsea at home in the 2013/2014 season. He is also our ex captain, and has served us well when we were deep in the brown stuff. When fit, he was one of the first names on the team sheet.

I think you guys mistake us with tottenham or arsenal. Right now, we are dancing around with the sunderlands of this world. How can we be so negative about a solid player, especially one that has served us so well?

I thinks he is a good player but he done what we expected of him then he got big headed and thought all the top clubs would be rushing to sign him.... Where are they? Jog on Ron. Edited by dakid007

Needs Knee surgery

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/southampton-target-ron-vlaar-faces-knee-surgery-after-aston-villa

The Daily Mirror were just one British newspaper to claim Southampton interest in Ron Vlaar this week. Southampton lost out to Tottenham Hotspur in the race for Toby Alderweireld and with Vlaar being out of contract perhaps the links was inevitable. However, nothing will be done for a while on that potential move because Vlaar is set for knee surgery.

The Dutch international defender was troubled by problems throughout much of the last campaign and struggled to get to the root of the problem, Now he reckons that doctors have and he's set to have a meniscus operation on his knee. It's a really unfortunate situation for the Dutchman to be in, since leaving Aston Villa he doesn't have a club.

Despite the setback and frustration, Vlaar sounds quite chilled about the whole thing and thinks he shouldn't have a problem getting a club when he's got himself back to full fitness, which he thinks will be in August. Speaking to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, Vlaar said "The removal of a piece of meniscus from my left knee is necessary in order to again get in top condition. It's better to have surgery now than during the season. The expectation is that I can start training again two days after surgery. Within three to four weeks, i should be one hundred percent.

"I'm only concerned with my surgery and then with my recovery. The clubs know what I can do and have my phone number. So I'm not worried. Early August - before the start of the competitions - I'm fully fit."

Vlaar's optimism is admirable but perhaps unrealistic. He'll undergo surgery next week in Rotterdam and to be fully fit for early August would take a medical miracle.

I'd suggest the bit in bold means he is not coming back

He's relying on the belief that the removal of a piece of meniscus from his knee will solve all his problems (am I the only one who shudders a little at this over-explicit medical detail?). He has far too much faith in doctors if you ask me.

BTW I agree this is now "other football".

Edited by briny_ear

Speaking as someone who has just had a bit of my meniscus removed it can sometimes go very smoothly and you can be back running around in a couple of weeks, but any underlying problems and it can take months and months before jogging again. For the sake of his career I hope it goes better than my operation!

Ron Vlaar and his agent arrived in Rome tonight and revealed “we might be signing for Lazio.”

The Dutch defender is a free agent after the end of his contract with Aston Villa.

According to Il Tempo, Vlaar and his representative landed at the Fiumicino Airport in Rome.

Someone recognised the 30-year-old and asked his agent why they were there.

“We might be signing for Lazio. We’ll see in a few days.”

Vlaar would increase the Dutch contingent at Lazio after Stefan de Vrij and Wesley Hoedt.

http://www.football-italia.net/69206/vlaar-flies-lazio

I never disliked the bloke as a player, steady 6.8/10 all in, but his view of himself as player far exceeds my own, he's a bottom half premiership player, he's either genuinely taking time out (if so, respect) or he's punching way above his weight with his next team

Â