Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

I'd usually defend him but he was atrocious today. His contract is up next summer I believe, so wouldn't be surprised to see him move on. Westwood and Delph are far more integral to the side and I think we need to strengthen that area of the team.

• Like 1

Reminds me of NRC - he's good at pressing, tackling and winning the ball but his poor technique fails him and he can hardly pass the ball 5 yards away, so even if he wins the ball he'd more often than not lose it within seconds. Can't fault his energy and determination though but in order to progress we'd need players who can do more. 

He's just a very bad footballer, why he is given any plaudits is beyond me. Passes? No. Strong in the tackle? No. Makes interceptions? No. Has vision? No. Pace? No. Runs around & presses? Yes. 

People give N'zogbia stick for only having the odd good game but KEA's ratio is far worse, its like playing with 10 men.

And no he isn't better than Sylla.

Please bring a midfielder in Paul or get your boots on.

He seems to run himself into exhaustion. Would like to see him take Westwood role with delph & bacuna in front of him

Pretty sure he is being told to do this. His pressing is really very very good, I think a lot of people are missing this. His winning the ball high up the field, pressing and running off the ball has been a big factor in the last two performances.

He is though far too weak to be a CM in this league any time a big challenge is needed he's coming off second best.

On the ball he is limited but far superior to Sylla - overall good squad man, has his assets which shouldn't be ignored but I'd like to think we could do better in future.

• Like 2

Quite a good breakdown Villaglint, but what I would add is that he is the only player in the midfield prepared to play 1 touch football, passing and moving. 

Im not saying he is excellent at this (and I would hope this is addressed in the summer) but he is the only option at the moment to avoiding making the centre of the park very predictable. 

He was especially good in that 1st half against Liverpool, before he tired as he did against the dippers.

I can understand why people dont rate him though as he does seem to lose possession on occasion due to him trying to be too quick with his passes.

• Like 1

Reminds me of NRC - he's good at pressing, tackling and winning the ball but his poor technique fails him and he can hardly pass the ball 5 yards away, so even if he wins the ball he'd more often than not lose it within seconds. Can't fault his energy and determination though but in order to progress we'd need players who can do more. 

Has scored as many goals as Delph and has more assists.

Scoring.... now there's something NRC couldn't do! ;)

• Like 2

he was no worse than Westwood or Bacuna last night  ... hard to say if that's a positive or a negative mind you  (i.e i've not checked the other threads to see if they are getting abuse or not )

He seems to run himself into exhaustion. Would like to see him take Westwood role with delph & bacuna in front of him

To be fair though he has little choice!

Watching the game last night he had to cover half the midfield and the right flank on his own for the first 15 minutes!!

That alone would kill the stamina levels of a lot of players and he's admitted himself that he's had to work hard on improving his fitness levels.

I think KEA is a decent player tbh. He doesn't do anything fancy, but he definitely has a purpose in there, and I think we're more effective overall with him on the pitch as part of a full strength team than we are without. He's one of those that you look at and don't see much about him, but I think if he was injured for any amount of time we'd probably see that there was a slight effect he was having overall

I'm all for replacing him with a better player (same for every single player in the team), but I think the abuse he gets is a bit harsh

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just don’t understand why Lambert keeps giving this guy 90 minutes!

First of all... He looks like a guy who doesn’t care if they win or lose! When the opponents (Newcastle) is running up the pitch, he is only running at about 50 % and therefore never getting back to defend, leaving a gigantic gap for the others to fill out

In the attack... every time he gets the ball! He does a 90 degree turn and walks towards Bacuna with the ball

Why not use Albrighton instead who for the last couple of matches has done great as a sub... 

Am i the only one who sees it this way?:S

Edited by Jesperchr

Â