Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

I think off the ball he's probably our best player, on the ball he's probably our worst.

It's funny how we all see things so differently. I'd argue it's exactly the other way round.

You think he's the best player on the ball, with pointless dribbles and over hit passes, but worst off the ball, being one of the best tacklers and solid at pressing?

I think off the ball he's probably our best player, on the ball he's probably our worst.

It's funny how we all see things so differently. I'd argue it's exactly the other way round.

You think he's the best player on the ball, with pointless dribbles and over hit passes, but worst off the ball, being one of the best tacklers and solid at pressing?

If you are looking for pointless dribbles and over hit passes, you missed your first stop: Delph.

• Like 1

If you are looking for pointless dribbles and over hit passes, you missed your first stop: Delph.

That was my exact point

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Impressed me this evening, was much more simple on the ball and made some crucial tackles and interceptions throughout the game.

The only real down point was that he didn't drive forwards when he had the ball in the middle of the park with space in front of him but I guess, against Chelsea, perhaps he was advised not to do so.

I thought he pressed well as we've come to expect and also acted as the link between the midfield and attack. Lot's of play went through him.

Fun fact: he made more tackles (7) then anybody else on the pitch.

I thought he pressed well as we've come to expect and also acted as the link between the midfield and attack. Lot's of play went through him.

Not the first time we've seen that stat this season, either. Very important for us and sadly underrated. Great game today.

• Like 3

He has had a really good season tbf and has had more good performances than bad which is great as we really need players to perform in midfield as after the 3 players that started tonight we don't really have anyone to come in and make a difference in the middle.

Was excellent tonight, he's usually decent against the better teams pressing.

The trouble is when we play some of the lower rubbish at home and get more of the ball that's where his and our midfield limitiations are apparent so we still need an upgrade there.

Hope he's okay after that disgusting tackle. Thought he was very good today, constantly pressing and pretty tidy in possession. Let's hope he can keep performing like today and how he did against Norwich.

That's a huge amount. Only 2 players got more than that this week(9) and one other got 7 and they were all fullbacks. If he does this job well in the middle of the park it really disrupt a teams rhythm which it clearly did with Chelsea. I love him

Â