Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Every player thread is the same.

Player has a decent game - "Great performance, he's doing his job well. One of the standouts, etc. etc."

Player has a bad game - "What a shit player. I have no idea what his job is. How is he a professional footballer? etc. etc."

Every week, it fluctuates from one to the other.

Funny isn't it. Except for the people who hate every player

Decent first half, flashes of looking pretty good, but also moments where he was a bit off the pace

He's not got the positional awareness to be a defensive mid, can't beat a man and his passing and movement isn't good enough to be an attacking mid. He's just not consistent enough either. Can't see where he fits in the team as anything more than a squad player.

Spoony fair play that is your opinion but he was fantastic in the first half today for me. I don't think people realise how good his pressing is, today it was off the chart the amount of ball he won high up the pitch really set that first half performance up.

Add to that he was always available, kept us ticking and made good runs past the strikers. Really was excellent for me.

• Like 2

I thought he was great today, best I've personally seen him play. Obviously tired and needed to be subbed, but wouldn't be surprised if he covered the most grass of any of our players, even only playing 2/3rds of the game.

• Like 1

I thought he was great today, best I've personally seen him play. Obviously tired and needed to be subbed, but wouldn't be surprised if he covered the most grass of any of our players, even only playing 2/3rds of the game.

He was key in the first half. See Gerrard's comments abotu being "swamped" every time he got the ball. KEA led the pressing and covered so much ground. Yes he had a couple of heavy touches in promising parts of the pitch but to be fair other players don't get the same stick he does for the same crime. Benteke at times this season has had a first touch go further than I could kick it.

Â